Fifteen Years and Counting

Fifteen Years and Counting

To my (Equally) Crazy Best Friends

121
Fifteen Years and Counting
Personal picture

There is no better feeling than finding your soulmate…that is your friend…who is your soulmate. I am grateful that life has given me multiple soulmates that stuck with me from the time I was five years old to my senior year of college. I could have met a thousand people, but instead the world chose to give me you.

It’s a very rare occasion that you meet someone that you click with the way that we do. Not many friendships are as strong as ours. I know many are strained and lost by the distance when everyone goes their separate ways after high school. We all meet new friends and sometimes even new best friends. However, nothing has broken our bond. New friends have come and gone, but we have been there for each other through it all. Nobody can replace the relationship we have built.

Nothing will ever beat the nights where we stayed up talking until 3 AM talking about what high school and college would be like. Never even second guessing whether we would still be friends. Nothing beats feeling those tears streaming down our faces from laughing so hard at our own jokes. Nothing beats having a constant shoulder to cry on, no matter the distance, when life throws those unexpected curveballs. Nothing beats having our first, albeit, disgusting, sips of alcohol together. I will cherish those moments for the rest of my life.

I am my best self when I am with you. We have seen each other when we have been most vulnerable. We put each other first. We can act like complete fools and we still choose stick by each other’s side. You are the first person I want to come to first with my problems because you always know how to make me feel better. Even when I mess up, you are open to forgiveness. I am not afraid to be who I really am and that’s what makes our friendship so special. You don’t even run and hide when my inner fangirl comes out because you are always right there next to me screaming and dancing, matching my craziness. That, in my book, is a true friend. You are my rock and I hope that I will forever be yours.

My only hope is that one day, my future children will be able to have someone that is half as amazing as you are. Thank you for the best 15 years of my life. Thank you for loving me.