Fiction On Odyssey: Journal Entry #9: War Is A Nasty Thing

Life is only really scary if you think about it too much.

10
pixabay.com

So, the last time we knew that a war was coming due to the fact that our main character met her father and a god. Now we move on to the heavy action and see how all these actions turned out for the team. I know we all hope for the best, but certain choices have certain consequences.

I write to you today from a place of success, but to know of my success, one must know of my path.

The path to this moment was started the night after I had been informed by my father that was would be out on the march for my mother’s home. We had gotten a bit of aid from Chad, well Bahamut, in the form of a flute that would call upon an ally from the north.

The night before we set out, my last conversation was with Dijen. It had taken a bit of pouting and convincing to get him to get more planeswalkers to help us in our fight against my mother.

He was just about ready to find his own room for the night when I stopped him.

“You don’t have to go, we can share the bed.”

He looked at me as if I had grown another head, but after seeing me willingly get into bed, he seemed to be a bit more relaxed.

Though it was the first time that I even shared a bed with a man, it was interesting. He took up most of the bed, but I didn’t mind it. I normally slept close to the wall anyway. The warmth he provided was grateful at times, but other times made me want to get up and sleep on the floor.

Halfway through the night, I found that he had his arm around me. It seemed to be not of his own thought; it could have happened when he moved in his sleep. He was asleep, and I didn’t want to wake him up for we both needed the rest. Who knew what was ahead of us?

The next morning, Dijen was up before me. He was half way through dressing when I first opened my eyes. Admittedly, I stared longer than was proper of me, but I couldn’t help myself. Soon after that I got up and dressed. We both made our way downstairs, and I was shuffling down after, fixing my hair and outfit as well.

Though we hadn’t done anything of an intimate desire, our friends constantly made fun of us because we walked down the steps that morning and they couldn’t help but stare.

“Oooo, you guys had fun last night,” Moriz had winked at me, I couldn’t help but roll my eyes.

I had said nothing because why would I say anything, it was just useless and I knew that they would just use my words against me, so I thought it’d be better if I just stayed quiet.

Dijen thought it was funny and decided to go along with it, by just laughing and giving that stupid grin. That irritated me so I decided to hit him on the shoulder.

“Dijen, that’s not funny. You really shouldn’t give into it.” I said with a harsh tone in my voice.

He laughed at me again and said, “You need to have some fun. We’re going to war, at least have a laugh.”

I rolled my eyes and continued my breakfast because I had nothing more to say in the conversation that was ticking me off more and more by the second.

Breakfast was short because we were heading out that morning. Riding out to the Western Wood would take almost two days travel just to get to the homestead.

When we stepped out to get a headstart on the travels, I was met with a sight that made my heart soar with confidence. The guild was there upon our request, as well as Moriz’s tribe and slowly filling out was my father’s army, which also included a few planeswalkers that Dijen asked to be there.

The clanging that stopped next to me, I could tell was my father. I turned to him and smiled slightly.

“Do you think we really have a chance?’

The smile that I received from him made me jittery. We had a chance of winning this war.

I had my own horse, alongside my other companions.

Traveling was just time-consuming for my anxiety that was building up to this battle. Within a day’s travel, we were almost there to home.

It was mostly through the day that we decided to stop to make a camp. Camp was easy to set up, I had done it most of my life.

After I had set up my own tent, almost just like Sarven taught me. Moriz and I were camped out by a tree as I was running my thumb over the crest of the Trelan family.

My mother was an awful woman, the blood magic had taken over anything that was once my loving mother. The first one that would fall under my mother, would be my aunt.

Elvandra was a savvy woman, but she was a weak willed woman. My uncle was stronger. The eldest of the siblings, and a sorcerer by trade, he was my favorite. Being a young girl, I clung to my uncle's side when my mother had her duties.

He seemed to adore having me around, he never had any children of his own. I was his substitute for it. Elie was the to teach me my basic magics, he helped to sneak me my books on religion.

Though I grew up with that evil woman, and she'd locked me in my room, I had my books. He'd bring me things from other places and he'd bring me the hope of change in my life.

He was also the one who brought the potential husband to me, and he was the one to sit with my in the library to quell my anger. Elie loved me, and my heart deeply ached at the thought that he was left to her.

The only hope that I had was that he would survive till I got there.

Tomorrow, I'll write the rest of what happened, for I am rambling.

Good Night,

Kava Astar