Eerie fictional stories

Fiction On Odyssey: You Must See

They tell me I'm a monster for what I did...

18

We follow Jeremy on this journey of her trying to understand why she ended up where she is and why everyone has turned against her when all she was trying to do was keep her family intact. But Jeremy may have taken things a little too far, will she be able to convince them to see?

You Must See

(An Asylum room. JEREMY is alone.

She is sitting in front of a mirror.)

JEREMY

You are not a monster. You are not crazy. Yes, you may be a bit… a bit different, but you are just like them. Right? Just human? Someone who makes mistakes, not perfect. Isn't that what really makes a human? Their flaws… their fuck ups? If one doesn't make mistakes, then that's not a human being?

So, if that's the case, then why do they treat me like this? So, my mistake is a bit different from theirs and they think its okay to throw me in the looney bin? No, that's not fair. That's not right. I messed up I know, but was it really that serious? I was pushed.

No one ever sees what happens before, they just see the aftermath. They just see you with the knife in your hand… they just see you standing over a body. They didn't see what brought you to that point. I did what I had to do, I did what needed to be done.I did what they wouldn't!

They didn't understand you… they don't understand you. That's why they fear you. She was wrong for him and they all knew it, even he knew it. But he would never have the guts to get rid of her, she was going to ruin him. So yeah, I took matters into my own hands.

Why is that so wrong? What I did was for family, I looked out for MY family! She wasn't mom… she could never replace her and I wasn't going to let her. He was going to let her and I couldn't let that happen. She was poison to my family, she was killing us from the inside out.

We were doing fine before she came into the picture. Why did he to bring her into my family? This is his fault! Not mine! I'm in here because of his stupid mistake! She needed to be gone. I had a mission to accomplish and I did it. They tell me I'm a monster for what I did, I think I'm just someone who doesn't mind doing… what needs to be done.