14 Songs Your Ex Needs To Hear

14 Songs Your Ex Needs To Hear

In case you needed my feelings spelled out for you.

9533
14 Songs Your Ex Needs To Hear
Clutch Mag Online

So, it's over. Not the type of over where it's like "Oh, well we may get back together." This is the type of over, where you're burning bridges. There is no coming back. Whether you were two steps away from following in Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes' footsteps, or you somehow managed to amicably walk away from your relationship, there will always be some things that may go unsaid, so here's your chance. Let them know how you really feel.

1. "Y.A.S." by Trey Songz

I'm not going to lie to you. I used to skip this song everytime it came on shuffle on my phone. I don't even have a reason for why it was on my phone in the first place, but once I played it, there was no going back. This song carried me through every situationship. If I could send this song on repeat to those who have done me wrong, I wouldn't hesitate. Give it a chance, and you won't regret it.

2. "Survivor" by Destiny's Child

Let them know that you're doing perfectly fine, no, thriving, without them in your life. Sometimes it helps to also remind yourself about how you're going to make it out of this situation that is troubling you.

3. "The Worst" by Jhene Aiko

Man, this song has me sitting here like, "Say it two times Jhene." This is for those exes who got a little too cocky and a little too comfortable. Remind them of their place.

4. "I Should've Cheated" by Keyshia Cole

In no shape or form do I condone cheating, but hear Keyshia out for a second. Nothing is more infuriating than someone accusing you of something that they did just to take the attention off themselves.

5. "I'm Not The Only One" by Sam Smith

Say it ain't so. I'm still hurt that Sam Smith left us to play In the Lonely Hour on repeat for three years. Nonetheless, a great song to really get your feelings out.

6. "Heartless" by Kanye West

A different vibe, but the same concept nonetheless. Some people really just have no regards for other people's feelings.

7. "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell

This is my song. Get your point across, but also be the plug for some throwback '80s music while you are at it.

8. "Gives You Hell" by The All American Rejects

Nine years later, and you will still catch me humming along to this song.

9. "99 Problems" by Jay-Z

This is just to let you know that I'm doing much better without you. Yeah, I may have some other issues, but at least one of them isn't you.

10. "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce

I'm telling you. The message you need to send to your ex is that you are doing big things and you are not stuck on the past. Never let someone walk all over you. Let people know when they get too comfortable.

11. "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood

I don't care who you are or what kind of music you like. For the duration of this song, we are all country music fans.

12. "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis

Where did Leona Lewis go? Ten years later, and you can still catch me deep in my feelings when I hear this song.

13. "Karma" by Alicia Keys

A lesson that many people need to learn.

14. "The Way That I Love You" by Ashanti

One of the wildest video storylines, but I think we can all relate, or at least use our imagination for this one.

Send this to your man who may be on the outs. Send this to your ex that just tried to slide back into your life. This could even be sent to the situationship guy, because he probably deserves it too. Sometimes music helps us express our feelings in a more eloquent way, or at least in a way that carries a tune that gets stuck in your head.