10 Festive Things To Do This Christmas Season
Education

Halloween Is Over So Bring On The Christmas Season With These 10 Festive Things

It's the fa la la holidays.

119
ornament on a tree

We can put away our pumpkin spice lattes and spooky costumes because it's officially Christmas season! We all know Thanksgiving is next on the holiday schedule, but for some reason, we always overlook the short time we get off from school and our minds go straight to the most wonderful time of the year: Christmas! I mean, what's not to love about the seasons? First of all, you get a month off of school which is the best Christmas gift a college student could ask for. Second, you get time to spend with your family. Lastly, you get presents! Nothing is better than getting and giving presents to those you love.

Here are 10 things to enjoy as you get into the Christmas spirit

1. Christmas Music 

Flickr Creative Commons

Nothing is better than getting into the holiday cheer than listen to Christmas music! You can throw it back to the Mariah Carry Christmas album or Michael Buble's Christmas. Fun Fact: John Legend recently dropped an album!

2. Scented Candles 

Flickr Creative Commons

If you don't live in an area that always you to enjoy the sweet smells of Christmas outdoors, then stop by your local store and pick up some holiday scented candles likes pine or gingerbread!

3. Christmas Drinks

Flickr Creative Commons

Christmas beverages are an excellent way to get into the holiday spirit! My personal favorites are hot apple cider and hot chocolate!

4. Christmas Decorations

Flickr Creative Commons

Decorating for the holidays can be a great way to spend time with your family. I remember growing up and spending the day decorating the Christmas tree with my family. Putting up Christmas lights also puts you in the holiday spirit.

5. Christmas Movies 

Flickr Creative Commons

Nothing says Christmas season like binging Christmas movies with your friends, family or significant other. My suggestion for movies are "A Christmas Story," "Home Alone," and "Elf"

6. Christmas Caroling

Flickr Creative Commons

While you're out shopping for presents to give to our friends and family, take a second to stop and listen to any of the Christmas carolers! They will put you in a great holiday mood!

7. Driving To See Christmas Lights 

Flickr Creative Commons

If you're bored one night on your Christmas break, jump in the car and go look at Christmas lights! It's a great way to spend time with those you love and you can make it into a fun game by rating those ones you think are best!

8. Playing In The Snow 

Flickr Creative Commons

If you have the luxury of living somewhere that snows, just know I am very jealous. But enjoy it while you can! Go sledding, make some snow angels, have a snowball fight for those who can't!

9. Decorating Cookies

Flickr Creative Commons

Nothing says Christmas like decorating cookies or baking yummy holiday treats!

10. Christmas Parties 

Flickr Creative Commons

Throwing Christmas parties is a great way to spend time with your friends and family. You can make it into a themed party like Ugly Christmas sweaters and play festive games like Christmas Charades, Christmas mad libs, White Elephant, Christmas Movie Drinking games, Christmas Scavenger hunt.