Reasons Why The Ferrari Enzo Is The Greatest Supercar Of All Time

The granddaddy of them all.

11941
Stock Logos

After leaving Alfo Romeo in 1939 a mid-age Italian man by the name of Enzo Anselmo Ferrari had a dream of creating a racing car of his own. Little did he know, within a matter of time, he would be the face of one of the most celebrated and storied car brands in the history. Enzo Ferrari’s name held such weight that the brand named their 2002 formula one based supercar after him. Not only did this car come with the looks, the sound, and the power needed to run the show within the supercar world, the Ferrari Enzo was only produced a whopping 400 times making it one of the rarest cars in the world.

Looks – Everyone loves a good looking car and so does Ferrari. The formula one looks of the mid- engine Ferrari Enzo had car enthusiast drooling when the car was launched and to this day it still does. With a height of 45 inches, the Enzo makes anyone looking at it think “how is this car road legal?” And those curves, we can’t forget those curves. If you ask me when the Ferrari Enzo was launched, its design hinted the looks of supercars to come.

When it comes to the inside of the car, some say racecar and some will simply say spaceship. Coming equipped with paddle shifters, racing seats, and four-point belt harnesses, the cockpit of the Ferrari Enzo takes any drivers imagination to hour fourteen of Le Mans. Jokingly, I’m quite sure the design of the Enzo came about through a calibration between Ferrari and Michelangelo himself.

Sounds - If a car could break your heart, the Ferrari Enzo will leave a tear in your eye. You truly will hate to watch it go and love to watch it leave all at the same time. Coming equipped with a 6.0 liter V12, 660 horsepower, and a formula one based transmission, the hooning of the Ferrari Enzo usually leaves drivers thinking twice about not wearing ear protection whilst aboard it. The Enzo also has some of the greatest up shifts and downshifts sounds ever to leave an exhaust pipe. You can hate noise and this car will still leave a smile on your face.

Power – The Enzo specifications are derived from formula one, so one can only expect the best when it comes to power. The Ferrari Enzo has nearly 700 horsepower, can reach 60 miles per hour at a little over three seconds, and has a top speed coming in around 220 miles per hour. The numbers the Ferrari Enzo produces in my opinion are beyond the norm, and brings formula one to everyday streets, making it one jaw droppingly amazing machine.

Price – When the Enzo launched about 14 years ago, it had a base price that was reasonable for what it was but you had to be selected to buy one. Just that in itself puts this car in a league of its own. The Ferrari Enzo through the years has gained a level a prestige making it a staple in car history. The car is such well known and rare being that not even 500 hundred were produced, Enzos are now sold worldwide for a price that usually falls between $2 and $3 million dollars.

The Ferrari Enzo does have a price that is quite steep for any pocket, but the fun experience, the beautiful looks, that little horse logo, and the amazing sounds that it brings to the table makes it art in my eyes. The Ferrari Enzo is no ordinary car, it is simply the most spectacular machine ever to be put on two wheels, making it the granddaddy of them all. And it my opinion the greatest supercar of all time.