Logic Hates the Anti-Feminists Take
Nature Animals

Logic Hates the Anti-Feminists Take

Life's a Bitch! And Maybe I Am Too, But I'm Still Equal To Each and Every One of You!

12
Logic Hates the Anti-Feminists Take
Keeley McConaughey

My apologies if I'm rude, but dang it — I am one triggered dude! And the reason for my sour mood is that others say feminists need to go away. But that's like saying “I don't believe in Human-to-Human equality.” And male/female equality has a long way to go. Yet, I know what I’ve read, and now, those logic-lacking, misinformed, and misinforming essays TRIGGERED a need in me to scream about equality, and hopefully explain why it's so dumb to say “I am anti-feminist.”

Most anti-feminist arguments say feminists believe "anything you can do, I can do better." Sure, it’s a quotable phrase, but it's been misused here. It's from a duet between Annie Oakley and Frank Butler in the 1946 Broadway musical, Annie Get Your Gun, with both singing all the ways they can out-skill, outthink, outshoot, and outdo the other. But it's not a literal rule that any one person can ABSOLUTELY and ALWAYS outdo what any other person can do.

Further informational abuse stems from the false belief that there are real, biological, physical and mental differences between genders and these differences single-handedly destroy gender equality. But- That's not true! Scientists have checked! In fact, scientists have studied brains and their abilities extensively and concluded any perceived or actual differences in cognitive performances between genders are most likely the result of social and cultural factors.

Now, to simplify this quite drastically, we are all born a soft, squishy lump of possibilities. From then on, everyone gets shaped by all kinds of things; social exchanges, cultural factors, individual and societal expectations, styles of education, and all other factors in society.

Nevertheless, as soon as someone believes WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that there are birth-born differences between genders, they stop feeling the need to work towards any kind of equality. OUCH! I know what I read, and yet, that's still hurt my head. People know life isn't a fair game; DON'T THEY? My certainty others understand there are inequalities stemming from the labels on our complicated lives is waning. Each time there’s a need to identify with a simplified label, it makes small, but highly impactful, separations.

And each label has its own effects. The self always compares with the other, and in this case, it's males vs. females. Women receive approximately $.80 for every one dollar earned by a male. THIS SUCKS! Work is work! Money is money! When I shop, my dollar always equals a dollar. Not $.80. One dollar! And yet, feminism is dismissed and called "irrelevant." OUCH! Society shows these marks of identification and separation between all kinds of social, vocational, financial, scenarios. The only equality that's constitutionally guaranteed is the right to vote. Thanks 1900s feminists! They did the work that gave women the right to vote in 1920. But then, they wanted more!

So they asked for more with the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) in 1923. It reads "Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex." But, despite what seems to be straightforward and logical legislation, this one act has been passed around, put down, picked up, overhauled, and introduced to every sitting Congress to this day, only to still be waiting for ratification.

Yup! This bothers me. Almost 100 years have passed and yet, the majority of those in power haven't yet figured out how to pass this one act towards equality. Why? HAS IT NOT BEEN PROVEN THAT PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE AND THEY SHOULD ALL BE TREATED EQUAL?

Dang! That seems like a shame. And for those who are so eager to escape the feminist identity, I hope they understand that they are placing themselves as opponents to equality. Hopefully it's just because they're either young or dumb. Otherwise, they are choosing to be ignorant of reality. Because feminists are the brave warriors of our days, and I like the phrase - WARRIORS!! Come out to play!