To The Best Friend I Fell In Love With

I used to think I'd never fall in love.

Don't worry, it's not as sad as it sounds! It was never a priority for me! I never worried about dating or having boyfriends or anything like that - It just wasn't something I cared about! There were too many books to read and movies to watch and bands to listen to and tv shows to obsess over! Why deal with the drama of a real relationship when I can spend all my time analyzing and fangirling over fictional ones?

Then I met you.

I didn't fall for you immediately. At least, I don't think so. It's kind of confusing because it took me so long to really understand what I was feeling. However, I did immediately notice the amazing connection we had. Our friendship grew SO fast, you were my best friend in less than a month. After trying and failing so many times, I found someone who I felt finally completely understood me. Don't get me wrong, I had a couple of other friends who were (still are) incredible, and I love them and am so thankful for them, but our friendship was so different.

When you first told me you liked me, I was a little surprised, both by your confession and my reaction. I had never really considered dating another girl, so it took me a little while to really understand what I was feeling, but I honestly should've known so much sooner that everything was different with you.

Now, I'm so thankful that you're by my side (figuratively, for now). You make me laugh when I'm having a bad day. You can get me through the most random anxiety attacks. Your smile is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I love how supportive you are. I completely adore the songs you write. I can't believe how lucky I am, that you would choose to be with me, even when I'm obnoxious, annoying, and whiny.

So, to the best friend I fell in love with, thank you for being such an incredible, encouraging, wonderful girlfriend. I can't imagine life without you.