To The Girl Who Hasn't Felt Like She Is Enough
Life Stages

you are.

122

To the girl who hasn't felt like she is enough;

who has been put down.

who feels broken.

who feels like giving up.

who doesn't know where to turn.

Let me tell you this, you are enough.

You are more than enough.

God says so.

"You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14

In this chaos of a world that we call our home, it is so easy to be swept away. To be swept into a dark place where it seems like there will never be light.

But there is. There is light in each and every one of you. There is light at the end of the tunnel and you can find it.

Keep your circle small. Find friends who rejoice in fellowship and long to remain in touch. Find friends who enjoy watching movies and baking cookies instead of smoking pot and doing drugs. Your circle is important. Your circle will help to shape you into who you are and will help to hold you up when the waters are rough. Your circle can be friends, it can be family, it can be whoever is willing to put in the time and effort to be a part of your life in a healthy and positive way.

So let me tell you these things that have been placed upon my heart to share.

To the girl who has been put down:

Get back up. That is the best thing you can do to come back from it. Prove them wrong and show them that they cannot and will not break your walls. Hold your head high and be humble. Whether you have been put down for body image, for hair color, for monetary status, for social status, for whatever dumb reason that someone wanted to point out, just know that they are not the judge. Their opinion does NOT matter. You have to do what makes YOU happy. You have to believe in your heart that their words mean NOTHING. Brush them off, shrug them off, and forget them. I know that this is so so so much harder to do than sit here and write it. But once you exceed the point of letting people get to you, you will have overcame one of the biggest problems in it all. Take each day one at a time and become stronger each time you get back up. Pray for strength and for grounding in your ways.

To the girl who feels broken:

You might be. You might feel like you are shattered beyond repair, but you aren't. You are never far enough that you cannot come home and be put back together again. Come to the Lord and ask him for healing. Whether you have experienced a death, a break up, a friendship loss, or something that has just consumed your life, you can be whole again. You can be whole. There might be a few cracks or tears, but they are only battle scars to prove where you have been and how far you have come. It will be hard, there is no simple way to put that. It will be tough, and there will be tears and pain but you will come out on top better than you were before. There may be permanent holes are wounds that will always be open, but with time and with help, they will begin to get smaller. You can do it. You can find the glue, the tape, the whatever it takes to put that broken version of yourself back into the one that is together. Being together does not mean you have everything perfect. Being together means that you know who you are and where you stand and when the time comes, you can say that you are no longer broken.

To the girl who feels like giving up:

Please don't. Don't you dare give them the pleasure of knowing that they were right. You can do it. Whatever battle you are facing, it is only making you stronger and shaping you into the person that God strives for you to be. He will NEVER put you through anything that you cannot handle. Every storm and crashing wave that you endure is preparing you for the bright sunny day that He has awaiting ahead. Your battle may be longer than your best friend's battle. Or your battle may be easier than their battle. Regardless of what you are facing, don't give in to the one who feeds off of failure. He doesn't deserve your failure, your pain, your suffering. God, on the other hand, deserves your determination and commitment. He took those nails to make YOU into the unique person that you are and He will not give up on you. No matter how far you stray, no matter how bad things get, no matter what you put Him through, He will not stop pursuing you with His grace and mercy. So don't give up. Don't give up on yourself, or Him. His unconditional love will guide you and lead you to whatever end goal this battle requires. Just know that you are NOT alone. Pray for the courage to get you through it.

To the girl who doesn't know where to turn:

Turn to Him. Turn to Him when all else fails you. When your boyfriend breaks your heart, when your best friend isn't being a best friend anymore, when your mom or your dad are too busy with other duties, when there is absolutely what seems to be nothing left at all, turn to Him. He will guide you, comfort you, and shower you with his love. When it seems like the road is at a dead end, pray for a fork. Pray that the road opens up into a new path that you have never seen before. God brought you to that crossroads for a reason. He knew you would end up there and right in the time He had chosen for you to arrive. That new path that He will open for you will have already been put into place long before you ever knew you needed it. Turn to His word and find that every question you will ever have, will be written and spelled out for you. It may not be word for word, but it will lead you to the right direction in which you are supposed to be. Being lost is only temporary and it means that you will soon be found. Whether you are struggling to find yourself, to find peace, to find your walk with the Lord, or whatever you may be trying to find, let it be known that you are willing to take that extra step and He will meet you there.

Every single one of you have purpose and are meant to be here. You are right where you are supposed to be, whether it feels like it right now or not, you are. God holds each and every one of you in His hands. The maker's hands, the hands that shape and mold you and created you. Let His hands do the work that they are meant to do. This stage that you are experiencing in your life is just a bump on the canvas that is not yet finished. God brought you into this world to do something special. Don't waste another day sitting there wondering why you aren't enough for that boy, or why you aren't enough for that job. You are worthy of something much more. A door closing in your life is only preparing you for the window that will open that you didn't see coming. Look beyond the closed doors, the failures, the pains, and the heartaches. They DO NOT define you, they only shape you.

Pray to Him.

Have Faith in Him.

Seek Him.

Thank Him.

You are enough.