5 Simple Ways To Feel Healthier

5 Simple Ways To Feel Healthier

You don't need a gym for these tips and tricks.

9
5 Simple Ways To Feel Healthier
Photo by Khamkhor on Unsplash

Anyone alive knows that sometimes life gets overwhelming. Tough cookies, but that's just part of the deal. I know I personally go through moments of complete mental wreckage even though I'm definitely following a steady routine, including workouts and busy days, but sometimes, we just need a small, extra something to help us restore our mental strength.

1. Pick up an old hobby.

Photo by Elijah M. Henderson on Unsplash

Sometimes I get burnt-out on the everyday routine, but it always makes me feel better to sit down and tickle the ivories. I used to play piano a lot but now that I'm a full-time college kid, I never have a minute to breathe, much less play a full musical composition. When I feel overwhelmed, it really is a nice escape for even just a few minutes. I encourage you to find something you used to love and try your hand at it again! Odds are it's muscle memory anyways.

2. Replace your sweets with fruit.

Photo by Patrick Fore on Unsplash

This sounds lame - I mean why would I give up a good chocolate chip cookie when it could make me feel better? Natural sugars just feel better in your system, and they don't make you so sluggish as the week goes on. Most people forget how good fruits can be anyways so it may be a nice refresher.

3. Have a picnic.

cooked food prepare on the picnic area Photo by Maria Ilves on Unsplash

I always love a nice, enormous blanket in a local park. Surrounding yourself with some beautiful scenery and some warm sunlight can really lift your spirits. If you have enough time, take a good cat nap in a slightly shaded area.

4. Branch out

Photo by Glenn Carstens-Peters on Unsplash

That thing that you've been dying to do, go do it! Take a little risk to spice things up! Not only will you feel adrenaline of something exhilarating, you'll also be happy that you finally marked that one thing off your bucket list. Honestly, life really is too short to wish it away.

5. Enjoy a face mask.

Photo by Mutzii on Unsplash

Ulta Beauty sells huge tubes of peel-off face masks for a low price, and they come in so many fun blends. I personally like the sweet tea and lemon one because it really clears my skin. A face mask is a fairly inexpensive way to feel better and take care of your skin - give your pores a party! Really, any skincare routine will increase your health because it will be a consistent self-care regimen.

Ultimately, there's countless things you could do to feel healthier like dieting or drinking more water, but many people confuse the number on the scale with health. We would all love to be a set weight, but being healthy includes how you take care of yourself. What you put in is what will come out so if you sleep all day, eat poorly, never have fun, etc., then you're not going to feel like you're being taken care of. On the flip side, if you wake up early for a super productive day and spend a little extra on your favourite smoothie, then you're going to generally feel better.

And, the best part about this is that you don't have to give up Taco Tuesday to be healthier (although it may not hurt).