Feed Your Faith And Your Fears Will Starve To Death

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of letting fear win.

1357
@jordanleedooley

Over the past few weeks, I have found myself afraid - a lot. Afraid of what my life holds after graduation, afraid of messing things up, afraid of where I will be in a year... just afraid of the unknown.

I've been struggling. I'll be the first one to admit that, because not knowing where I'll be or what I'll be doing is a feeling in the bottom of my stomach that makes me feel totally and completely helpless. I don't like feeling helpless. I've always had a plan. I've always known exactly what was in store for my life. Now, I'm just here - not knowing.

I've had to learn to rely on my faith, even more than usual, lately.

I've had to let things go, as much as I love being in control. I've had to walk in the dark, having faith that I won't step off of a cliff. I've had to completely and totally rely on the Lord to carry me through.

And, oh, He has.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

He has carried me through the hard days when life knocked me on my knees.

He has been the light at my feet in the dark, to keep me on the right path. He has been my calm in the storm that tries to blow me away. He has hugged me tightly, holding me together in the times that I'm falling apart.

As the days have passed, though, I have found myself less afraid. I have found myself optimistic. I have found myself simply thankful - because my support system is the best I could ever ask for. I have spent my days feeding my faith, and it has become clear that my fear is slowly starving to death.

Every morning, we wake up and we are given a choice. We can feed our faith, or we can feed our fear. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of letting fear win. I'm tired of giving in to this world. There is so much more in store for all of us. Stop feeding your fear.

Feed your faith, and your fears will starve to death.

From Your Site Articles