Overcoming The Fear Of Uncertainty In Your Life
Life Stages

The Scary Yet Exciting Feelings Of Not Knowing What My Next Chapter Will Hold

A rollercoaster of emotions — that's my life right now.

85
Amira Totah

For the first time in my life, I don't know what will happen next and that terrifies me. Growing up, you go through so many different grades and phases but you easily move on to the next round because you know that it's already there, just waiting for you.

It's all a routine — elementary school to middle school, middle school to high school and high school to college, but what's after that? It blows my mind to think that once I graduate, I'll no longer be a part of this lifestyle that I know so well.

Don't get me wrong, I am very excited and optimistic for my future but I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

It's hard to believe that in a few short months my life will never be the same.

I've always had an idea of what my next move would be and I never thought I would get to this point and not have a set plan by now. I know what I'm passionate about and I know what I want to pursue but figuring this out (while trying to actually finish school) is so much harder than I expected.

I feel like I'm at the top of a rollercoaster and it's about to drop. I have this overwhelming feeling of angst but even more excitement!

Sitting in that front cart just waiting for the big drop is hands-down the best and worst part of the whole thing. In the back of your mind, you have the "what if" doubts but you know you will be fine and enjoy the ride. The adrenaline that consumes you is what makes you do it over and over again.

I'm at that big drop right now. I'm about to leave the comfort of what has been normal for the past 16 years and set forth on a new journey. I'm so eager to see what's in store for me but It's also sad to let go of this adventure I've been on and have grown to love so much.

It's true, I don't know my next move but I'm actually ready to see where life takes me. There is a special feeling of starting something new.

Nothing can quite compare to my time at Alabama but I know my next chapter will be a story of its own.