Fear No Fear

Fear No Fear

Fighting fear is better than living in fear.

148
Fear No Fear
https://mindbodyspiritualawareness.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/no-fear.jpg

We've all heard the famous quote "Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." Whether your little league coach had it painted in the dugout or you saw it hanging from the diner wall in "A Cinderella Story," it has the same message. Don't let fear stop you from doing anything.

This quote has become engraved into my mind lately. As college students, there are so many new things that are quite scary, to be honest. As a freshman, you might move miles away from everything and everyone you know. You're expected to join organizations, to meet new people, and make new friends. You live with complete strangers who you might have zero things in common with. And sure it's exciting to think about the new friends you'll make or the new experiences you will have, but it's also terrifying. What if they don't like me? What if I don't get into the organization I wanted? What if I have a hard time adjusting? What if I'm not smart enough? What if I'm not pretty enough? What if I'm not good enough? What if? What if?

The answer is so what? So what if one person doesn't like you? There is bound to be at least one person that does like you, for the person you are. So what if you don't get into the organization that you want? It's their loss anyway, and college is filled with SO many different ones to choose from, you're bound to find another one. So what if it's hard for you to adjust to college life? College is hard. Academically, socially, physically and mentally. It's okay if it takes you a while to adjust, whether it be a semester or two years. But don't let the fact that you're having a hard time define your life and make you unhappy. Try to meet new people and try new things. College is about finding out who you are and who you want to be. Don't just quit when it gets tough. So what if you're not smart enough? I can guarantee you that just because you weren't "smart" in high school, does not mean that you're dumb. The key to being good at anything is practice. So study. Study in the shower, on your lunch break , in the car (when you're parked of course), at your house, with your friends. Just study and do your best. Odds are, you'll surprise yourself. So what if you're not pretty enough? First, you probably are pretty enough. Just because one person might not see it, that one person most likely being yourself, doesn't mean anything. And if you have a good heart and you do your best to be a good person, who the hell cares if you're "not pretty enough." Beauty doesn't mean crap when someone has an ugly personality. So what if you're not good enough? Don't sell yourself short. You are capable of so much more than you think. Don't allow other people to be the reason you belittle yourself. Be a good person, be a good friend, and be the best you can be. That's all anyone can ask of you. And remember, you're still a rockstar.

Just don't hide in your fear. Take a chance. Join something you never thought you would. Talk to someone you normally wouldn't. Travel to somewhere you never desired to go. Don't let the fear of the unknown keep you from trying something new. Challenge it, because you never know where it might take you.