My Favorite Things About Each Of The Zodiac Signs

Because there's more to being a Gemini than being two-faced.

874
Dawid Zawila

In Western Astrology, each sign is representative of a different archetype. What most people fail to realize is each of these archetypes possess both positive and negative traits...certain traits just tend to be more emphasized in popular culture than others. In an attempt to level the playing field, I've written this article to highlight my favorite things about the signs.

1. Aries

Aries is the first sign of the zodiac, and in turn, the most childish. While that can be a bad thing, it makes being friends with an Aries really fun! They'll never fail to make you laugh when you need it and are always down to go on the most excellent adventures with you at a moment's notice. They're also pretty impulsive, so at least you'll never be bored.

2. Taurus

Although they're known for being stubborn bulls (which they are) all they really want in life is to be comfortable; sit them on a cozy couch with a fuzzy blanket, a bottle of wine and their favorite foods and they're good to go. They're also extremely proud of who they are and would never dream of trying to be anybody else, which I find very admirable.

3. Gemini

The only thing I ever read about Geminis is how fake they are, which sucks considering how interesting I find them to be outside of that. Geminis are curious people that tend to be full of knowledge on a number of things, and so they're always good for some stimulating conversation. There's always something going on in that brain of their's, and it's never a dull moment when they choose to let you take a look inside.

4. Cancer

This sign is known as "The Mother Of The Zodiac" which should already tell you a thing or two about their immense compassion for others. Nurturing, loving and protective, most Cancers know how to take care of others better than they know how to take care of themselves. They have the biggest hearts of the zodiac and tend to wear it on their sleeve, which is incredibly brave considering just how sensitive they tend to be.

5. Leo

I think all of us could learn a thing or two about Leo's confidence. These people are born leaders because they're so sure of themselves, which is a pretty respectable quality to have. Sure, they love being the center of attention, but so what? Leos are friendly, charismatic, and just want to have fun-- nothing wrong with that.

6. Virgo

Most of the Virgos in my life are perfectionists who very seldom meet their own standards. Although this makes them out to be fairly critical, a lot of people could learn a thing or two about a Virgo's attention to detail. Not only that, but these are great people to have when faced with a problem in that their analytical minds are good at seeing things from all angles.

7. Libra

My favorite thing about the Libra archetype is its need for balance; when there is tension they'll do anything they can to defuse it. One of the things their best at is keeping everyone around them happy and in a good mood, so they're good to have around in groups because they try to include everybody.

8. Scorpio

Scorpio's are mostly known for their intense yet silent emotions, but they're not all as emo as people make them out to be. They're water signs, so even if they don't show it they have huge hearts and are always there for their friends. Scorpios are always good to have in your corner... just stay off their bad side.

9. Sagittarius

Sagittari are always fun to be around because like the rest of the fire signs, they're always down to have a good time so you'll seldom find yourself sharing a dull moment with one. They're also very true to who they are, and you'll never catch them trying to change who they are for anybody.

10. Capricorn

Capricorns get a bad rep for being somewhat cold, but this is a huge misconception; some of the funniest people I know have this sign! The most admirable thing about them, however, is their ambition-- they have big goals and don't let much stand in their way. If you ever find yourself lacking motivation, spend some time with a Capricorn to gain a little perspective.

11. Aquarius

Aquari are cool because they kind of do their own thing-- they're the "rebel" of the zodiac. However, that doesn't mean they're selfish. Aquarians care about people and society as a whole; they have sound values when it comes to human rights for all. They also tend to be a little "out there" when it comes to personal style, but it's all part of the charm!

12. Pisces

Pisces are like a breath of fresh air because they live in their own little world; just being around them could spark your creative side. They're also highly empathetic and tend to really be able to feel what another person is feeling, in turn making them extremely compassionate.

If you read my earlier article, you'd know that not everyone relates 100% to their sun sign, because it's not the only sign we have! Try doing your birth chart and see just what archetypes are most relevant to your personality!