Does Ed Sheeran's New Album Live Up To The Hype?

My favorite ginger is back with yet another great album and catchy lyrics.

16

Ed Sheeran is a lyrical genius. From rapping about not having a college degree and getting high to singing a song about how perfect a girl is, he's definitely up there with the top ten songwriters in my book. He recently released his third studio album and followed with the math trend and named it "Divide". It has the classic rap songs like his first two albums and the songs that can make you cry, but it's such a well produced album with amazing sound quality. Being a huge Ed fan, I've listened to nothing but this album since it was released, so I figured I'd write about my favorite songs from the album.

Eraser

This is just a strong opening song for Ed, especially considering the first tracks on his previous albums. The lyrics are genius and definitely give some insight on what's been going on in his life since he took a break recently. The lyrics "Welcome to the new show" definitely prove that this album/era will be different from his last albums.

Castle on the Hill

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I'd like this song when it was released, but it's probably the second most played song in my iTunes right now. It's such a catchy song, but the lyrics are cute and really bring you home in a way. It's a very feel good song and the video is one of my favorites right now.

Perfect

The first time I heard this, I literally cried. The lyrics are so beautiful and it's a "Give Me Love" 2.0 in my opinion. It's such a raw song and his voice just sounds so good, especially in the chorus and I wouldn't be surprised if a number of people wanted this played at their wedding.

Galway Girl

THIS SONG IS MY LIFE. This song is everything and if he doesn't play it live, I'll be super disappointed.

New Man

There are so many great lyrics in this song and it's such a tune that's grown on me so much since the album was released.

Supermarket Flowers

AKA hello to the tears falling out of my eyes. I have no idea who this is about, but it's such beautiful song that will probably make you cry when you listen to it for the first time.

Barcelona

This is the new soundtrack of my life and I never knew I needed to hear Ed Sheeran talking in Spanish until I heard this song. It's so feel good and everyone needs this song in their life.

Nancy Mulligan

First of all, I am 100% supporting the Irish music in this song. I want to listen to this song everyday for the rest of my life.

Save Myself

The first time I heard this song, I had to stop it so many times because it hit me right in the feels. It's such an emotional song and it's extremely relevant. It's so important to put yourself before others because in the end, you're stuck with who you are for the rest of your life. This is 100% my favorite song off the entire album and will be my top played song for a very long time.