Some Are the Melody And Some Are The Beat

But we're all able to enjoy the music.

238
Jarred Gastreich

Music is posed as a source to typically get lost in your own world. For some people they are drawn to the tune and for others they are drawn to the lyrics of their favorite songs. If you really pay attention to what the singer is saying, you'd be surprised how well they convey messages we could use. Here are some of my favorite lyrics that make me think, cry, remember, and smile on any given day.

"A year from now we'll all be gone all our friends will move away and they're going to better places but our friends will be gone." -Rivers and Roads, The Head and the Heart

This set of words make my heart sad for the future. They're the simple truth but it makes me wonder how much time I have left with the people I surround myself with everyday and how distant we'll inevitably become.

"Tried to keep you close to me, but life got in between." -Hold Back the River, James Bay

I start to reminisce about old memories with old friends that I seemed to drift away from for no other reason than nature.

"It's better to feel pain than nothing at all." -Stubborn Love, The Lumineers

I remind myself that there's no such thing as being "too" emotional. My feelings are valid and I am feeling something real. Others aren't as lucky.

"You belong among the wildflowers." -Tom Petty, Wildflowers

Whenever I close my eyes and listen to this line I feel my worries fade away. Life isn't as serious as it seems. You can be anything you want to be, and I am a wildflower; free.

"I got dreams that keep me up in the dead of night." -HAPPINESS, NEEDTOBREATHE

Relating back to being whatever I want to be, my mind wanders far away from reality. My dreams are so wild and vast I will sit and ponder the endless directions my life will take.

"'Cause you were all yellow." -Yellow, Coldplay

Yellow is my favorite color and here's why: it reminds me of standing under the sun and wildflowers. The times I feel happiest I think of the color yellow which sounds completely crazy, but that's just the way it is.

"Even after everything we've seen, we've barely caught a glimpse of what it means in the architecture of the soul." -Overture, Sleeping At Last

No matter how much we analyze every niche and corner, many things will go unknown. It's difficult for me to comprehend but I learned that our souls go so in depth we never stop growing.

"My only regret's taking so long finding these simple truths." -Your Mother's Eyes, The Head and the Heart

This reminds me of the simplicity of leaves falling and of the way your heart swells when you're in love and how easy it is to find comfort in a book. Those are my simple truths and I try to not take them for granted.

I always come back to these songs when I feel lost, confused, alone, or want to find my way back to the simple joys.