My 7 Favorite, Must-Have Skincare Productss
Nature Animals

My 7 Favorite, Must-Have Skincare Products

These products have been a saving grace for my combination skin, and will for you too, I promise!

355
https://pngtree.com/freepng/cartoon-girl-skin-care-mask_3001389/preview-png.html
Kelly Doro

All of the following products are environmentally friendly and do not test on animals. I can not emphasize enough how easy it is to avoid brands that mistreat animals and products that pollute the ocean the second they wash down your drain.

Also, all of these products can be found at common drug stores like Walgreens or Target.

Exfoliator - Alba Botanica Face and Body Scrub

I would describe this product as super-scrubby and the best exfoliator that I have ever used. It is a coffee scrub, which I love because it negates the use of micro-beads. After using this product I feel as though I have successfully scrubbed my face raw of all dead skin and other pollutants and am starting fresh. I use this product whenever I feel extra grimy or just need a little boost to my routine (approx. 3 times a week, only once a day). 10/10 would recommend.

Purchase product: $4.96

Face wash - SheaMoisture African Black Soap Clarifying Facial Wash and Scrub

I use this product as my everyday face wash. As you hopefully know, it is bad to exfoliate every day and is only recommended 2-3 times a week. I, however, am obsessed with the feeling of a fresh clean face and need more than that. My solution is a rotation of this facial cleanser and the Alba Botanica face and body scrub. I will use this product every day twice a day. It offers a slight exfoliation, but this is mixed with a creamy foaming sensation. This product also contains charcoal so it gives my pores a nice deep clean.

Purchase product: $7.89

Moisturizer - Alba Bontanica Hawaiian Oil Free Moisturizer

This moisturizer is perfect for combination skin. Personally, my face always feels oily and gross but when I use harsh products it quickly dries out. This moisturizer hydrates my skin all day without the feeling of excess oil or clogged pores. After using this product I feel fresh, clean, and radiant.

Purchase product: $6.88

Toner - Thayer's Witch Hazel

I like this product because it doesn't have alcohol in it. This being said, after using it my face isn't completely dried out and in desperate need of a deep moisturizer. I 100% recommend this product. It is great if in the middle of the day you are feeling a little oily or just need a quick refresher but don't have the time to do a full face wash.

Purchase Product: $6.99

Spot treatment - Tea Tree Oil

Tea tree oil is the perfect fix you need if you have that one pestering pimple. After washing your face moisturizing and the whole deal just dab this on your problem areas as a preventative or apply directly to a blemish and it should heal over night. The brand I use is Burt's Bees, but I am pretty sure most work the same.

Purchase product: $7.89

Facial spray - Mario Badescu Rose Water

Mario Badescu has three well known facial sprays: rosewater, cucumber, and lavender. I personally have only used the rosewater spray. I bought it over a year ago now and still have some left, so it is definitely a worthy purchase. This product is similar to the toner I use but less harsh and more hydrating in my opinion. I use this when I am in a rush and need a quick refresher. It is perfect for when you wake up after a nap and need that extra boost to not look like you just died, you know?! This product is perfect for hydrating and refreshing on the go.

Purchase product: $7.00

Body Wash - Alba Botanica Volcanic Clay Hawaiian Detox Body Wash

Is it obvious yet that I love this brand???

I think body wash is an overlooked step in skin care. Ridding your body of oil helps prevent chest and back acne, enhances your body's natural glow, and suppresses the musky smell of body odor. The main ingredient in this body wash is volcanic clay which digs deep into pores and flushes out toxins. After I shower I always feel squeaky clean and fresh. To apply my body wash, I use a loofa which I can not emphasize enough how much I love. Loofas give full body exfoliation scrubbing off dead skin, and honestly, I just don't know how people feel clean without it.

I pair this body wash with the Alba Botanica Volcanic Clay Hawaiian Detox Body Lotion. Moisturizing your full body after showers is important to prevent dry, irritable skin and an ashy appearance.

Both of these products come in a huge bottle and have lasted me well over a semester so you will get some bang for your buck.

Link for product: $9.32

I highly recommend all of these products for your daily skin care routine. Once I started using these products every day with consistency, I began to see a significant decrease in outbreaks and generally have clear, moisturized, and vibrant skin. An extra bonus is that they are all fairly priced, for those of us balling on a budget, and kind to the environment.