My Favorite Podcast: "My Favorite Murder"

Stay sexy, don't get murdered.

6289
Phoenix New Times

My sister recently recommended a podcast to me called My Favorite Murder. A little turned off by the name, I held off. After her constant persistence and reminders, I started episode one: My Firstest Murder. I fell in love immediately.

The podcast is hosted by comedy writer Karen Kilgariff and comedian Georgia Hardstark. The podcast is classified as a comedy, and if you want to laugh while being simultaneously disturbed, this is the podcast for you.

Karen and Georgia are outspoken, loud, love swearing, and downright entertaining. Every episode, the gals each choose one murder to discuss. They aren't the fondest of research and straight facts, so there is also a set time for housekeeping when they address all of the mistakes that they made the last episode.

The fanbase for this specific love for murder/true crime calls itself the "murderinos." I have now gotten a few of my best friends into it and we sit around listening to the hometown murders. We often joke that we don't even listen to music anymore; our Spotify's are always playing murder stories.

If the podcast isn't enough, you can request join almost 200,000 other Murderinos in the closed group on Facebook. In the group (which I am an active member of) people share updates on cases that Karen and Georgia have covered, or just anything related to murder or true crime.

My Favorite Murder also has a website, Twitter, Instagram, and merch! In addition to all of this, Karen and Georgia are also on an international tour. During this tour, they stand on stage and tell murder stories to fellow Murderinos.

You can listen to My Favorite Murder on Sticher, Apple Podcasts, and (my personal favorite) Spotify. Stay sexy and don't get murdered!