My Top 5 Favorite Things About Budapest

My Top 5 Favorite Things About Budapest

I NEED to go back.

848
My Top 5 Favorite Things About Budapest
Creator Photo

This past weekend, my friends and I took a quick trip to Budapest, Hungary. Let me tell you, spending Thursday night to Sunday morning in this amazing city was not enough. Here are some of my favorite things from this weekend!

1. I have met so many people from around the world

Because it is such a tourist hub, meeting new people was a given! On our very first night out, we met someone from Houston and another from Trinidad and we continued to hang out with them for the rest of the weekend! The next night we met people from the UK and Turkey. Then we met some people who were studying at NYU and some from Frankfurt on Saturday night! The locals were very nice and it was easy to forget that you were a tourist for awhile.

The picture below is our new friend from Houston making us a traditional Hungarian meal. It was delicious!

2. They have beautiful bridges

There are total of eight bridges that link Buda with Pest. Each bridge is so unique and has their own story. The view from the bridges over the rest of Budapest, especially at night, is awesome.

3. Nightlife

They were not kidding when they said "You don't sleep in Europe." There are so many bars and clubs to choose from. Each had their own vibe so it's easy to find one to fit your style! Most are in close proximity to one another so it's easy to move to the next one. My favorites were Szimpla, Fogas, and Instant.

4. You'll never be bored

I could've spent an entire week there and still wouldn't have been able to and do everything I wanted to do. I mean, there's the Hungarian Parliament, St. Stephen's Basilica, the Citadel, famous thermal baths, and so much more. I'm most definitely coming back to Budapest to see the rest.

5. It's easy to navigate

I took Friday to walk around the city and explore for myself. Most would instantly be turn off of that idea because it is easy to get lost anywhere without anyone else there; however, it was easy! There is one main street that runs parallel with the Danube river, as well as the river, that I used as starting point when I began to explore. Luckily, my airbnb was on the same street and next to a bridge so following both were viable options for me.