My 7 Favorite Lady Gaga Songs, In Chronological Order

From "Poker Face" to "Grigio Girls", Lady Gaga can basically do it all.

221
Via Wikimedia Commons

1. "Poker Face"

“Poker Face” was probably the first song by Lady Gaga that I ever paid any attention to. One could even argue that “Poker Face” was one of the first songs that launched Lady Gaga into her career. At age nine, I instantly fell in love with the already-iconic dance-pop style of the song. The accompanying music video also caught my eye, even though nine-year-old me hardly had any idea of what I was watching. “Poker Face” is also especially important, as it was the song that brought Lady Gaga to my attention.

2. “Starstruck”

One of the less known Gaga songs, “Starstruck” was one that I got into later in life. It was released on The Fame in 2008, but I did not truly appreciate it until eight years later when I rediscovered it on my friend’s playlist. The beat of the song just gets me going, and it just puts me in that BOSS ASS mood. If you haven’t heard this song, I would definitely suggest listening to it, as it is hard to not jam out to it.

3. “Bad Romance”

I could possibly say that “Bad Romance” was THE song of my middle school experience. Everything about it stunned me. From the melody and lyrics, all the way to the music video and choreography. To this day, I can totally get down to this iconic Lady Gaga song. Some might even argue that “Bad Romance” is the best Gaga song, as it was hardly weak in any area. The lyrics and melody are extremely catchy, and the music video and choreography were artistically brilliant. “Bad Romance” was and still is a true bop.

4. “Diamond Heart”

I had slept on “Diamond Heart” for a while. Upon the release of Joanne, I did not have high hopes. I was not the biggest fan of the initial single, “Perfect Illusion” and there already had a tainted image of the album. However, post-Gaga’s Super Bowl LI performance, I decided to give the album an unbiased try. Looking back, I am so thankful that I did this. Joanne had truly become one of my favorite albums, and the opening song has me hooked. “Diamond Heart” is a perfect mix of country and dirty rock, which is such an interesting mix for our current popular music climate.

5. “A-Yo”

“A-Yo” was the second song of Joanne that I had experienced. I will admit that I did not enjoy the song at first. I considered it to be a bit confused in its genre, which was an idea that I soon turned on its head. The mixing of genres is something that I truly admire now. The pop-country feel is truly unique to Joanne, and something I thoroughly enjoy. “A-Yo” is truly a bop of a song, and one that totally brings up my vibe when I need it.

6. “John Wayne”

Okay, this song just gets me going. Everything about it just GETS ME PUMPED. The melody of the song is so catchy and original, and the tone of Gaga’s voice in the song is so gritty and UGH. I remember when this song came on at the concert, I screamed at the top of my lungs and began to recite the lyrics with great enthusiasm. Ah, I think I am going to listen to “John Wayne” right now.

7. “Grigio Girls”

While the rest of the songs on this list get me pumped and excited, this song is quite different. I have always related to “Grigio Girls” on a personable level, as I relate it to my own grigio girls, my best friends. The girls who I can tell anything and everything to; the girls who are always there when I need them. “Grigio Girls” is a beautifully poetic song, which is something that I greatly appreciate.