An Open Letter To My Favorite Author

An Open Letter To My Favorite Author

Thank you for pulling me into your imaginary world when I needed escaping from my own.

2609
An Open Letter To My Favorite Author
NEH

To my favorite author,

Thank you for pulling me into your imaginary world when I needed escaping from my own. You made my skies bright when my days felt gloomy, and granted me shelter when the world around me felt too bright. You taught me the beauty in semi-colons, the sophistication in stringing unordinary words together, and the importance in believing in what you love.

Your books were my best friend when I needed someone to tag along to the beach with me, my rescue when the car rides became too long, and my television reel when everything else went black. Thank you for writing tales of heartbreak, family turmoil, and success after hard work. The characters in your novels my friends; your descriptions so vivid that I felt like I could make them apparate in front of me. Go for a walk with them, have a chat. Then place them back in the plot line where they belong.

Turning the pages of your novels helped me forget about the pages of quarrels on my mind. When your characters succeeded I felt like I had won too - I have grown attached to the imaginary you have created - eyes wide in anticipation of the next book you produce. Thank you for allowing me to fall in love with people and places I have never been to, for spiking my interest in exploration, and for expanding my horizons by introducing points of views and political problems I have never thought of. Your novels allowed me to explore my sense of and expand upon my love of writing. You taught me the power of words and the amount of beauty which can be contained between bounded pages; and for that I am truly grateful.

Sincerely,

Me