Happy Father's Day to my popcorn
Parents

To my Dad on Father's Day

Thanks for always being there.

16
To my Dad on Father's Day

So this weekend is father's day, and (obviously) it's a time to think of and thank the great dads, uncles, grandfathers, etc. in our lives. Every year I always think about what to tell my dad on Father's Day and how to put into words how I feel about him. Anyway, this year I decided to write this instead of cramming everything together on a small card.

Dear Dad,

Thanks for being my dad. You're a great one. I wanted to take this time to tell you how much I appreciate you and what you've done for me. I know things have been hard lately but for the most part you've been great about it and I admire you. Although we may not see eye to eye occasionally, I've learned so much for you and having you as a support system has always encouraged me to be the best possible version of myself.

You and mom have given me a great life. No matter what limits we had, you and mom broke through them. I had a great childhood and a great adolescence all thanks to my parents.

I've been to different places and had great experiences all thanks to you. I love you how you're a supportive person, how you're a father figure to my best friend and how you've had my back.

I also wanted to let you know that I like watching those TV shows you always record (they're actually not that bad... and yes I'm being serious)

We've had some great times together and I appreciate the talks we have on our way home after you pick me up from school.

I appreciate you listening to me trying to sing along to the radio and for the most part being a good sport about it.

I appreciate years of you driving me literally everywhere and picking me up.

If I listed all the things I was appreciative of, we'd be here forever, but just know that I appreciate you and everything you've done for and continue to do. You're a great dad.

So although you deserve to hear this every day of the year, I'll say it today too. I love you dad and Happy Father's Day. You've always been there for me and you've done more than I can ever repay. Thanks for all the times you've carried me, laughed with me, played with me, and talked with me. You're the greatest and I wouldn't have you any other way. Love you to the moon and back popcorn