5 Reasons The Rock Becoming President Actually Makes Sense
Politics

5 Reasons Why The Rock Becoming President Actually Makes Sense

The world wants it, here's why it's actually legitimate.

8286

Before 2016, the idea that a celebrity could become President seemed like a cheap satirical fantasy.

Now, it feels like ANYONE can become President.

People no longer look at a candidate's resumes and experiences in service and politics when it comes to electing representatives in the highest office.

Instead, they look up to inspirational celebrities with personality, charisma and charm, and make them want to be the face of America.

And for some reason that's hard to explain, the entire country has united in the idea that movie star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson should be the next President.

How is this so?

Why The Rock and not someone else?

Is this a reflection of our decaying culture trying to grasp onto whatever figures of success and dignity we have left?

Maybe, but who cares?! I'll sign up for President Rock every day!

And you know what else? Dwayne Johnson becoming the next actually President makes sense in a way, and here are some reasons why:

1. He knows what it's like to enter a new field

Think about this: When Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson entered became an actor he left the top of the wrestling world and started at the bottom of the movie business.

Some may have thought that The Rock would never make it as a movie star because a wrestler never succeeded in making that transition before.

Sure, Rowdy Roddy Piper starred in "They Live" and Andre The Giant was in "The Princess Bride", but they didn't have long Hollywood careers after being in those classics.

If any wrestler was capable of making a career in Hollywood, it was The Rock. By the time before he hit 30 years old he was already a master of smack talk on the microphone and had a look and charm ideal for big budgeted movies.

He's had his ups and downs as a lead actor (i.e. "Doom", "The Tooth Fairy") but still didn't quit and kept at it before finally finding his niche.

If Dwayne Johnson can go from the top of one field to the bottom of another and rise to the top of that, why can't he do the same in politics?

2. He has his pulse on the public

In the wrestling business, a wrestler has to change their character and persona occasionally to keep themselves fresh and relevant (unless if you're John Cena or Roman Reigns). The Rock learned to do that several times in his career.

When entering the WWF in 1996, he was a clean-cut babyface who paid homage to his father and grandfather as Rocky Mavia. His gimmick could have worked in the cartoon era of wrestling of the 80s and early 90s, but during that time the fans were hungry for edgy and realistic content, thereby rejecting the Rocky Mavia gimmick even though they were supposed to cheer for him.

Dwayne Johnson saw this as an opportunity to change his character and turn heel, reinventing himself as The Rock. Even though he played a bad guy, his character and talking skills were so advanced and original that he became one of the most popular stars in the WWF.

While he was beloved as a good guy in 1998, he was still the Number 2 babyface to Stone Cold Steve Austin. So The Rock became a bad guy again and went from The People's Champ to The Corporate Champ in late 1998 to set up an epic WrestleMania Main Event against Stone Cold in 1999.

But even as the Mr. McMahon's vilified Corporate Champ, The Rock was too good to remain a Heel and became one of the most beloved wrestlers of all-time by 2000.

Then when The Rock began his transition to acting in 2002, hardcore wrestling fans turned on him again which inspired him to change his character again as an egocentric Heel personified by the glamour of Hollywood.

Being booed when he's supposed to be cheered also means that he'd have the thick skin to handle constant criticism you'd get when being President.

And when The Rock chooses which party to represent when running for office, he could either be the Number 2 Republican or the Number 1 Democrat, setting up an epic 2020 election where The Rock drops The People's Elbow on his opponent and becomes The People's President.

3. Hollywood has taken office before

upload.wikimedia.org

Before 2016, the biggest surprise election win for a celebrity politician occurred in 2003 when Hollywood icon Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected as the Governor of California.

Action heroes from the 80s and 90s like Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Dolph Lundgren, and Jean Claude Van Dam may act like dumb muscular jocks on screen, but in real life they are remarkably intelligent. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is no different.

And you know another movie actor who succeeded in politics?

Ronald Reagan, the most popular Republican president of the past 50 years whose influence on politics today lives on.

You probably knew that Reagan was a Hollywood actor back in the 1940s who starred in a bunch of movies you never heard of except that one with a monkey. He was also president of the Screen Actors Guild before beginning his career in politics.

So if The Terminator and Ronald Reagan can succeed in politics, why not The Rock?

4. He can handle a busy schedule.

upload.wikimedia.org

What's the first thing you think about when thinking Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson?

It could be his spectacular pro wrestling career in the late 90s and early 2000s in which he became WWE's most iconic name in just a few years.

It could be his prolific run as a Hollywood movie star going back the past two decades with his name attached to a bunch of big box-office franchises.

He also is the star of the HBO series "Ballers".

He also loves working out and eating pancakes.

And occasionally he returns to his old stomping grounds in WWE.

Being the President means you have an exhausting and thankless schedule every day (except for that special "Executive Time".) Dwayne Johnson is capable of taking on all of those meetings, photo-shoots, and speeches on a regular basis as the Commander in Chief.

5. America needs it

Let's be honest, if you're a normal American, you should be scarred and scorned by today's politics.

Exasperating for any signs of life, stability, and reliability.

Especially now with the passing of perhaps the last true American politician, Senator John McCain.

We need a fresh start, we need President Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

You need President Dwayne Johnson

I need President Dwayne Johnson.

The country and the world needs President Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Dwayne Johnson is appealing enough to liberals as something different, and appealing enough to conservatives due to his charm. Independents will love him for being, well, outside of the swamp.

If the past two years of America can make any sense for the rest of time, it can only be salvaged by the arrival of President Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Is it sad and weird that we're in an era of electing celebrities because of their charm and mainstream appeal to us?

Sort of, but who cares? It's The Rock!

IF YA SMELLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN!!!