Fast Food, Fast Life

Fast Food, Fast Life

Fast food may not take up much time, but it can take over your life
158

According to the nonprofit organization DoSomething, a 2012 experimental study showed that at least one in four Americans eat fast food every single day. Although Americans may be eating fast food because it is cheap and fast, the detriments of unhealthy eating habits undoubtedly outweigh benefits.

In fact, aside from saving time and money, there are not many benefits to eating fast food, especially in terms of health. Not only does eating fast food cause people to gain weight, but it also affects the body in other ways, including an increase in blood sugar that can eventually lead to diabetes.

Eating fatty foods that contain lots of sodium can affect the brain by causing major headaches and can increase the risk of depression. Fried foods contain high amounts of cholesterol, which tend to create high blood pressure, increasing risks of heart disease and strokes.

Most foods sold by fast-food chains and restaurants contain additives and preservatives that are extremely harmful to the body and can essentially lead to cancer if the added components contain carcinogens.

A major ingredient that is used as a preservative is sodium, and too much sodium can cause cardiovascular issues and poor kidney functions. In addition, poor nutrition can also cause tooth decay and fatigue. It is our job as American citizens to make sure that poor eating and fast food do not take over our country.

Not to mention that fast food creates a loss of family time by diminishing sit-down dinners, there are tons of other negative effects of fast-food eating that makes it highly undesirable.