11 Things People Wear That Are Way Worse Than Face Masks

11 Things People Wear That Are WAY More Embarrassing Than A Face Mask

If you're still rockin' those college Greek letters, you can throw on a face mask.

8958

It's no secret that Americans are very annoyed by the addition of face masks to their life. By now you've seen plenty of people whine and grip and claim how masks are going to make them pass out, all via the Facebook comments section, of course. While a portion of the population has accepted masks as the short-term solution to the global crisis we're directly in the middle of, others need more convincing.

But come on, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls — there are things we've all been guilty of sporting that are WAY worse than a simple face mask.

Less-than-successful sports teams aside, masks are the last of many of our fashionable worries.

1. Socks and sandals 

Look, you want to talk about how uncomfortable face masks are? Then I don't want to see you in athletic socks while you're rocking flip flops.

2. Matching couple's clothes 

This requires SO much more effort.

3. Greek letters 

Kappa Kappas can wear masks, too!

4. Excessively large cowboy hats 

Save a horse and mask up, cowboy.

5. A white dress to a wedding

Even when it's a virtual wedding, it's still a bad look.

6. Sunglasses inside

You can wear your sunglasses at night, IF you also wear your reusable face mask.

7. Low-rise jeans 

Low-rise jeans are out, face masks are in.

8. Denim on denim 

Do they sell denim-looking face masks? You better believe it.

9. See-through leggings 

You wouldn't think this is as big of a problem as it actually is. Kind of like you wouldn't think wearing a mask is the end of the world, but to some people it is.

10. FBI (Female Body Inspector) shirts

The fact that these shirts haven't been banned is actually shocking.

11. Long cargo shorts

You know what you don't need? Ninety-seven pockets. You know what you do need? Protection against a global pandemic.

Shop our favorite reusable masks, like this cheetah-print one and this cute sequin option!

As an Amazon partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.