A Farewell To Abby

A Farewell To Abby

Nothing will truly hurt as much as the departure of the beloved Abby Sciuto.
106

NCIS has been a pivotal part of my life for many years now. I first started watching episodes in sixth grade and i became hooked. At this point I have watched every single episode multiple times, the show has become a comfort that I put on in the background when I’m completing work.

The characters have also started to feel like family. Having watched the show for so many years, I have seen many of them come and go. Sometimes the departures of a beloved character hurt. Other times they flitted through the show without really anchoring themselves to the fans hearts.

However, nothing will truly hurt as much as the departure of the beloved Abby Sciuto, the forensic scientist. She has been with the show since its beginning, fifteen seasons ago, and is the only strong female character lead left.

Abby, played by Pauley Perrette, is the crazy forensic scientist that works at NCIS. With a quick glance one wouldn’t think that her job would be working at a Navy Yard. With her all black goth outfits, signature pigtails, and large spider web tattoo on her neck, she has become a staple for the show.

On the show she is portrayed as someone who has a heart of gold and would do anything for anyone on the team. Over the seasons we have learned about her family and her long lost brother. Now, this week we are about to see her for the very last time.

It came almost as a shock when it was announced that Perette would be leaving the show at the end of it’s fifteenth season, with no actual reason as to why. At the end of last week's episode, we saw something major happened to Abby.

With her last episode, we can only guess what the outcome will be. The fans are waiting with bated breath to see what the outcome will be for her character.

Abby is an integral part of the show, and without her it seems like there is a certain end. THe show has had a good run, but with most of its main actors leaving for new shows or personal reasons, it should be time for the creators to wrap it up.

It has become apparent in recent weeks that Abby or Pauley isn’t just a forensic scientist on the show, she has become so much more than that. From watching recent interviews I have learned how much Perette has inspired her fans.

Perette has set up scholarships at her alma matters for young girls who are inspired by science. Her character is so unusual on today’s TV that she has been voted the most beloved character on primetime TV.

Abby has become such a loveable character and we are sad to see her go. No matter how her departure will come about. Thank you for the last fifteen years, NCIS will never be the same without you.