These Three Women Will Always Make A Difference In My Life

Through Trials And Tribulations, These Three Women Will Always Keep Me Going

I have learned to trust God because of these astonishing women

70
Thierry Butler Photography

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness" (Proverbs 31:25-26). There are people in your life that you will always remember as you gain growth and maturity. Teachers, parents, mentors, pastors. Anyone could give you advice, yet there are few who you truly listen to, because of the way they share it with you. When they share advice with you, they give you tough love. Because of that, you are willing to listen to every day, every minute, and every second of your life. When they do, cherish that.

It starts with my grandmother, Lavona Gabriel. My grandmother is the sweetest woman I've ever met in my entire life. She always gives my sister and me the best hugs and kisses, and the best back rubs when we want to go to bed. I love the way she always thanks God every time she reaches her destination or the way she gets up early just to read the bible and talk to God. She is truly a woman of God, and no doubt she is a warrior of Christ. I look at her, and I admire her perseverance, her dignity, and of course to the caregiver in her. Even though things happen, I truly believe that she's a fighter.

Next person in my life is Linda Jack. I call her Grandma #2. I mean, my grandmother and her are best friends, they're literally the same person! When I look at that, I truly value the meaning of friendship. She shows strength through her bad times, she shows laughter through her family values. That's another woman of God. She's never afraid to spread the goodness of the Lord. If there is anything, she taught me, it was to push past the circumstances and hardships.

Finally, my cousin, Janetta Cumberbatch. I've had the privilege to have met this amazing woman. When I first met her, she wasn't afraid to show who she was. Janetta was so full of life. She would find ways to enlighten everyone's spirit. Her presence is warm and everlasting. She was a warrior of Christ, and forever my hero. She conquered life, by enjoying it to the fullest. From her funny one-liners to her bright spirit, she is forever in my heart.

My family and I have faced trials and tribulations throughout this period. My grandmother and cousin were involved in a bus crash in Virginia. My grandmother's condition was critical but stable. My cousin passed away. My family and I felt nothing but rage and sadness. Now, its acceptance. Through this hard time, I thought it was nothing but a nightmare. Yet, I must believe that my grandmother is going to make it, and my cousin is in a much better place. My trust in God will surpass the pain I have.

You're probably asking how does all three of these women tie in? When the negative makes a scene, all of them have one thing in common. They believe in the power of prayer. They all learned to put their faith and trust in God, regardless of how bad it gets. I've observed these women as warriors of Christ. I truly believe that their prayers are what keeps me going. Because of that, I learned to believe in one lesson. Throughout everything I've been through, God is still good.

Maybe there are some people in your life affected you heavily. Whether that person is old or young, don't take their knowledge for granted. If you ever see that person or persons again. Tell them you love them, because life is too short not to love. These three amazing women taught me to live life.

Grandma, I love you. Mom Jack, thank you. Janetta, I will miss you.