Family is Forever

Family is Forever

It's better to have family then designer things.

2
The Fashion Spot

Everyone is guilty of looking at the magazines in the checkout line at the grocery store or following famous people on Instagram that wear ridiculously overpriced clothes just because they can. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have nice things, the only problem is when we lose sight of what's really important. In today's world, that's super easy. I've been thinking a lot recently about how blessed I am and not just by my family but by the jobs my parents have, to give me the life I live and the life I truly take for granted. I got out of my car and for some reason, I became very aware of what I was wearing which to a normal person would look like I was a lazy person.

I had on a t-shirt, shorts, sunglasses, tennis shoes, and a purse. When you actually do the math about what I was wearing I truly felt slightly sick to my stomach. The truth is I did the math and this is what I learned: I was wearing a 50 dollar t-shirt, and yes it's several years old but the fact that I ever paid 50 dollars for a t-shirt honestly made me question my sanity. Then my shorts and they were Lululemon and we all know nothing in Lululemon is cheap but everyone loves it including me. Then my sunglasses were 200 dollars, granted I've had them more than a year which is a small feat for anyone who knows me.

The reason I have the things I have and was wearing the clothes I was wearing the other day is because I wanted them, it's that simple. When I say that it makes me sound like even more of a stuck up brat than some people think I am. Here's the truth: I didn't get all those things at once but I have them and I take care of them and I'm incredibly thankful for everything I have. But if my house was on fire and I only had a chance to grab a few things I will be honest yeah my phone would be one (let's not pretend we all wouldn't grab ours), but secondly would come my best four-legged friend Lexi, my bible, and make sure the rest of my family was out and safe. So all those things I just priced would burn along with all my other things. And yeah I would be disappointed, but that's it.

Most of y'all are probably confused where I'm going with this and here it is plain and simple: yes it's nice to have nice things but at the end of the day they are just things that can be replaced. So don't put so much emphasis on material things because you can't replace family and when your day has come and you go to heaven you can't take all your overpriced things with you. The only thing you can take is your relationship with god and love while the rest of your family is left behind. I know personally I would rather my family remember all the amazing memories they had with me and not how much I love my phone. My whole point for writing this is: don't place so much importance on things that go out of style. Yes, some of your family members might be slightly outdated but their love and acceptance never will be. At the end of the day, they are the most important thing. So don't lose sight of what's truly important which is always FAMILY!