Fallon Taylor: Major Key

Fallon Taylor: Major Key

Reasons why Fallon Taylor should be every barrel racer's role model.

494
Fallon Taylor: Major Key
Matt Cohen

If you’re a barrel racer, chances are you’re familiar with Fallon Taylor. Since her return to the rodeo world, Fallon has dramatically changed the sport of barrel racing. The former model has taken over the sport. Fallon's resume is astonishingly large. She has her face plastered on her traveling rig, her own line of tack, her own helmet line, her own Breyer doll, her own makeup line and is a majorly successful business owner. Wait, I think I'm forgetting something: She's the 2014 World Champion. Fallon is also seriously relatable. If you’re not low-key obsessed with Fallon Taylor, you should be.

She never takes herself too seriously.

Fallon isn't afraid to poke fun at herself. There really aren't many professional athletes that post Instagram posts like the photo above: look at those hashtags. Champions are humans too... and, occasionally Sully from "Monster's, Inc."

She's as addicted to Snapchat as much as you are.

If you haven't added Fallon on Snapchat yet, what are you waiting for? Her Snapchats are major key. Fallon's Snapstory is booming every single day of the week. See some behind the scene moments of the making of a champion: from hauling to rodeos, to a look down the alley way. You'll even meet her really cute cat, Daryl. Listen barrel racers, just add this inspiring lady on Snapchat.

She made safety cool.

At the 2014 National Finals Rodeo, Fallon did something no cowgirl had done before - she wore a helmet. Barrel racers know how sketchy rodeo ground can be, sometimes it's just straight up dangerous. Fallon is no longer taking a risk with her head, as she now sports a helmet instead of a cowboy hat during her runs. Think helmets aren't as pretty or glamorous as a cowboy hat? Wrong. Check out Fallon's helmet line with Troxle: those helmets are a pieces of art work, my friends. By the way, never tell Fallon that wearing a helmet makes her less of a cowgirl, she will slay you.

She knows her roots.

Do you see that man Fallon always high fives when she finishes making a run? That's Fallon dad, someone she commends a lot of her success to. How about those amazing rodeo shirts she wears in competition? If it's not a Ranch Dress'n original, chances are Fallon's mom made that shirt (hey momma Taylor, start selling those on Ranch Dress'n... or just sell one to me I need one of those fringe trimmed shirts). Fallon's first trip to the NFR wasn't in 2013, this woman made in to the National Finals Rodeo multiple times when she was a teenager. Who was by her side? Her parents. Some things never change, even when you're a world champion.

She makes time for her fans.

If Fallon is entered in a rodeo that has a meet and greet, you can almost guarantee she is going to make it out to meet all her fans. There's not too many professional athletes who care about their fans as much as this woman does. In addition to on the road meet and greets, Fallon puts on various barrel racing clinics across the country. This is not a drill, I repeat - you can train with this woman. The "Run Home Tour" is probably coming to a town near you, go check it out on fallontaylor.com.

She puts the horse first.

In the barrel racing world, Babyflo is as famous as her jockey. Regardless of her petite size, Flos Heiress is one of the most powerful horses in the circuit. Fallon puts her horse's health before winning - every time. It's not unheard of for Fallon to stay back from rodeos to spend some time pampering Babyflo at home. Barrel racing can be tough on horses, Fallon makes sure she is never putting her horse into an unsafe situation.

Love her or hate her, she's going to continue to dominate.

The most admirable thing about Fallon is that she doesn't care what "they" think. Love her or hate her, it doesn't matter. You're surely going to continue to see more from her.