The Falcons had both positives and negatives in their opening game.

Falcons Season Opener 2018

How did the flacons start off?

48
Falcons Season Opener 2018
https://www.flickr.com/photos/93558439@N05/28631111713

I have been a diehard falcons fan since the earliest days of my childhood.

I remember wearing all the different colors of the Matt Ryan jersey or going to games with my family. This is why I was so excited to see my team playing opening night against the NFL defending champions the Eagles. This should have been a game that we could have won but instead we played sloppy football. The Falcons had so many different chances in the red zone yet we could not capitalize on any of them. To put this in emphasis, Aarons Rogers has connected more of his hail mary passes than Matt Ryan has in the end zone. Not to mention the play calling of Steve Sarkisian. Sark almost made it seem that Julio Jones was the only eligible receiver on the field and that Matt Ryan should keep forcing it too him.

Image result for julio jones

On top of that, our first and second down play calling were absolutely horrendous. When watching the last drive, it must be noted that Matt Ryan was under constant pressure and could not seem to let go of the ball. Our front line needs a lot of work but I believe that they will find their rhythm eventually. Now the positives. Our defense played spectacular. They made plays and stopped the Eagles. Only Nick Foles trickery was able to fool the Atlanta defense. In the end, there were both major positives and negatives so we will have to see if next week, the Falcons will be able to group their full potential.