The Fake News is You, Mr. President

The Fake News is You, Mr. President

Touting around the phrases 'Dishonest Media' and 'Fake News' is so hypocritical of you.

11
The Fake News is You, Mr. President
"Donald Trump" by Gage Skidmore on Flickr

"I'm against the people that make up stories and make up sources," says Donald Trump at the 2017's CPAC gathering. "They shouldn't be allowed to use sources unless they use somebody's name. Let their name be put out there." This is just after his refusal to allow certain organizations (such as CNN, the NYTimes, the BBC, the Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, the Los Angeles Times, and more) from his most recent press briefing. Yet, the hypocrisy is unreal. After the countless unnamed 'really great friends' and 'extremely credible sources' Trump has claimed (and still claims) in the past, who's the real enemy of the American people? I can't confidently say it's the so-called 'dishonest media.'

"They have no sources. They just make them up when there are none," he continues to say. Of course, what Mr. Trump references are the reports and 'polls' in relation to him. It goes without saying that they're negative since his ego won't stop obsessing over them instead of focusing on real issues (like healthcare and his supposed plan for job growth. I'd say issues related to LGBTQIA+ and minorites as well, but he has permitted the DAPL to continue and rescinded the bathroom rules for transgender students). But I digress.

No sources, he says. Made up sources, he says. If that makes them the enemy of the American people, then what are you? A recent example of the president's hypocrisy lies in Feb. 16's press briefing, where an NBC reporter slams Trump for lying about having the biggest electoral college win since Reagan. "I was given that information," Trump replies but doesn't explicate.

So, who gave him the information? The 'Fake News'? What about the rest of his bigger unfounded claims?

1. The Birther Claims

2. Ted Cruz's father helped assassinate JFK

Beginning at 5:09, Trump suddenly accuses Ted Cruz’s father, Rafael Cruz, of having suspicious ties to President Kennedy’s assassination. This accusation stems from a conspiracy that has been proven false time and time again.

3. 'Heavy Arab population' in NJ cheer as World Trade Center falls

Even as his assertions were proven false, Mr. Trump persisted by saying that he did, in fact, see these people in 'heavy Arab areas' cheering on television.

4. The 2017 CPAC Gathering

Minutes after bashing the dishonest media for not 'naming names,' Trump talks about a friend named Jim as if Jim's opinion on Paris is reputable. And do I even have to mention the whole Sweden debacle? I think that fiasco and the Bowling Green Massacre go without saying.