Your Fake Pregnancy Is NOT An April Fools Joke

Don't let your joke be the worst part of their day.

165
Flickr

April Fool's Day is right around the corner and, of course, that's the day when the best pranks are played. Some people attach an airhorn underneath their co-worker's chair or they'll hide a few fake bugs or a rubber snake in someone's bed and those all can produce a giggle or two, but you know what can't? A fake pregnancy announcement.

1 in 4 women struggle with miscarriages and 10% of women struggle with getting pregnant.

Although I've never personally experienced a miscarriage or struggled with infertility, I know plenty of women who have.

A pregnancy isn't a joke. There are plenty of women who never got to bring their child home because they miscarried and there's also plenty of women who spend thousands of dollars trying to get pregnant, whether that be naturally or through something such as IVF.

Before you post the fake announcement, think of the women going through painful IVF treatments. Think of the women who just had to bury their baby. Think of the women who were just told that there is no longer a heartbeat of their unborn child. Think of the women who take pregnancy test after pregnancy test only to see a negative symbol on the screen.

There are a lot of women who do not have the baby they hoped and prayed for in their arms and although I can't speak for those women, I can almost guarantee you that them scrolling on social media and seeing your fake post is almost like a knife to the heart.

Pregnancy jokes aren't funny, nor are they original. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine what it would be like to see someone make a joke out of a fake pregnancy when you just found out you weren't pregnant AGAIN after trying for what feels like the millionth time.

Find another joke to post on social media. Put a whoopie cushion under someone's seat or put toothpaste in their Oreos, but don't boast about a fake pregnancy on social media.