Faith

Faith

It is the practical response to an impractical belief.

30
Faith
dellscatholic.com

What allows you to find joy in the midst of sorrow? What gives you hope to pursue unknown dreams? What gives you clarity instead of anxiety? The answer is faith.

For the longest time, I thought I had a good understanding of faith. I thought faith was a give and take relationship with God. I thought that it was me choosing what I want and God giving me the strength to do it. I was wrong.

The first major life changing decision in a persons life is where and if they are going to college. I initially tried to take the decision into my own hands. It left me more confused and lost than when i started. I was searching for strength and understanding in all the wrong places. All of this confusion led me to think that God didn't have my back. The scriptures showed me just how wrong I was.

Mathew 6:26 says," Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" How encouraging is it that God provides what we need?

I want to end with this. God will give you what you need. Take a moment and look back on your life and think about all the times that God delivered. It may not have been what you wanted at the time, but He delivered what you needed. Don't we serve a great God? Many of you are in a season of stress and confusion. I encourage you to sprint forward knowing that the God who has given us everything will come through for us just when we need it.