Who Am I?

Who Am I?

A compiled list of random facts.

2
Demi Agresta

Hello, all! I am a new writer for this lovely, online platform. So in order for you all to know more about the person you may in the future read articles from, I thought it would be cool to do a “get to know me” post. I have put together a random list of facts about myself, and I hope you enjoy.

1. Accident Prone

It’s true. I am your typical tripping-over-air-and-falling-up-and-down-stairs kind of girl. I’ve dislocated my knee… twice. I was once partaking in a very heated P.E. dodgeball match and severely sprained my ankle…. On my birthday. I went on a mission trip this past spring break and fell off of a moving golf cart (don’t ask). I unofficially fractured or dislocated something in my left foot, but that’s just the report from good ole Dr. Demi. On the bright side, I’ve never broken a bone (brb going to knock on wood).

2. 80-Year-Old at Heart

I am a sucker for watching game shows on TV. I will literally watch 95 percent of game shows out there. Oh, and my favorite? Jeopardy.

3. Down to my Roots

If my name sounds familiar to you, it’s probably because I am in the World Record Book for being the whitest Italian in existence. OK… I may be over-exaggerating just a tad, but it’s pretty bad.

4. TSwift

I love to tell this fact because nobody ever believes me. I once met Taylor Swift. She had just released her "Fearless" country album, and I was only in the sixth grade. It’s not as fancy as it sounds, either. We didn’t run into each other while vacationing in the Hamptons or something. It was just a meet and greet after a concert, but a fact is a fact.

5. Hot or Cold

Maybe it’s because I was born in a cold month, or maybe I am just weird, but I am all about freezing a room/car. I can’t stand being hot, which is the main reason I don’t prefer the summer months. It could be 10 degrees outside and 50 degrees in my room, and I will still turn on a fan to sleep. Poll: Should I just move to Antarctica?

6. Baby Got Back

Last semester at school, I participated in a practice interview process set up by my work-study program. In it, each person had to draw a question and we had to walk up to assigned people to answer their question and them ours. It was a timed process, and we had roughly a minute for the entire interview, so the answer to the question had to be said within a few seconds. I got asked, “What would be the theme song for your life?” My answer: “'Baby Got Back' by Sir Mix-A-Lot.” I obviously would have chosen a better song if I had thought, but it is true. This is my go-to jam to get pumped up for anything.

7. Happy Birthday or Merry Christmas?

This is probably the coolest/most unique fact about me. My birthday is in mid-December, so naturally, the doctors and nurses thought it would only be fitting to send me home in a stocking to get into the holiday spirit. That’s right. I didn’t come home in a new baby blanket, but instead, a giant stocking. Surprise siblings! You were so good that year that instead of candy in your stockings, you got me. You’re welcome.

8. Next Stop: "The Voice"

Totally kidding. I’d be the contestant they show during auditions just to show how bad they sound. I know I have a horrible voice, but I like to pretend I can sing sometimes. I don’t care who hears me; I am honestly shameless with how bad I sound. I am still convinced I am going to wake up one day and sound exceptionally well, but until that day comes, sorry for the eardrums I break.

9. Movies

Many of my fellow classmates and friends want to condemn me for this one. I am a film major, which stereotypically means that I watch a lot of movies. Not true. I actually haven’t seen a majority of the classics. "Titanic," "The Lion King" and "The Wizard of Oz" have never made it to my Sunday afternoon movie marathon. When everyone is willing to give me the major plot details, why waste time watching the movie? Oh, and while I am throwing it out there, I like probably 15 percent of animated movies. Judge away.

10. Miscellaneous

Here’s just a few more facts that I didn’t have a story for:

1. I will always correct people for misusing “your” and “you’re.” (Politely, of course.)

2. Cats scare the heck out of me. One minute they’re purring, and the next, they want to rip your head off. I don’t get it.

3. My favorite word is tantalizing because it sounds pretty cool.

4. I’ve never met someone else in person with my name.

5. Also, no, my name is not short for Demetria.

6. I add a lot of commas in my sentences. I am not actually sure if they’re ever correct or not.

7. I was born in West Tennessee, now live in Middle Tennessee, but go to school in East Tennessee.

8. The Fray, MB20, Green River Ordinance, Tenth Avenue North and Matthew West are on my ultimate jam session playlist. (Among like 20 others.)

9. I’m bad at advice, but I have a quote ready for anything. It’s practically the same thing, right?

10. I’m convinced I pay to keep Starbucks open with all the vanilla lattes I purchase a week.

Apparently, it’s a lot easier for me to talk about myself than I initially thought. I hope you enjoyed this fun little sneak peek into my life. I can’t wait to write for you all every week! If there is ever a topic you want me to cover on here to see my position on it, please let me know! Also, for anything you just want to talk to me about or any questions you have, don’t hesitate to reach out! As always, thanks for reading!