5 Reasons Why Every Extrovert Needs an Introvert Friend

Sometimes I just want to be quiet.

247
nerdophiles

I am your classic extrovert: outgoing, loud, and probably a little annoying. I love spending time with other people, and I could probably talk to just about anyone for hours on end. However, I get so spent and exhausted sometimes. It’s true that extroverts get some of their energy off of interacting with other people, and I’d say that’s true for me too - but sometimes I just want to close my bedroom door and be quiet. Unfortunately, it doesn’t take long for loneliness to overtake me and I personally don’t handle that too well. So what's the cure? An introvert friend! Here’s a few reasons why:

1. They Don’t Mind Spending Time With Just You

In fact, they would probably love spending time with just you. They don’t really want to go to the parties or social gatherings with you, but if you want to sit on the couch and watch a movie then they’re there for you. Or maybe they’d even go grab a coffee with you and just chat. If you’re an extrovert and just need a time to calm down, turn to your introvert friend.

2. They’re Not Opposed to Talking with You

I’ve found that my introverted friends are the ones I tend to go to when I need to just vent. They’re the best listeners and they are always so attentive to what you have to say. When I have problems, I find that I can usually solve them by just talking it out. My introverted friends are the best because they let me get all my words out without interruption. If they do have any thoughts, they always save it until the end. Personally, just the fact that they’re there for me always makes me feel so much better.

3. But They’re Also Not Opposed to Being Silent with You

On the other hand, sometimes I just want to sit in silence. Especially after long and busy days, all I want is some quiet in my life. But not alone: I can’t stand sitting all alone in an empty room. I can always trust my introvert friends to comfort me in these times because they don’t mind the quiet, and they don’t feel like they have to fill silence with their words. We can never not communicate - even when we’re silent, we’re “speaking” volumes. So in those times when my introvert friend says nothing, it’s exactly what I needed to hear.

4. They’ll Calm You Down

I’m prone to getting really worked up. Excited, angry, stressed - I always seem to feel the utmost heights of these emotions. And then, sometimes I get loud and obnoxious when I’m with a big group of people. My introvert friends are never afraid to call me out on all this nonsense. A lot of times, they’re super understanding about me being an extrovert too! If I’m being outgoing and adventurous, they respect and even support that. At the same time, my introvert friends are typically the first ones to call me out if I’m going too far. And since I’m kind of terrible at judging when I need to tone it down, I really appreciate the gentle reminder from my introvert friends.

5. They Truly Love You

Lastly, introverts don’t tend to actively go out and make a lot of friends so if you’ve befriended an introvert then you should never let them go. And if an introvert considers you a friend then you should feel completely honored because you might actually be one of just a few. I won’t say that extroverts don’t value their friendships, but because they attract more people it may not be as special to them when they make a friend. On a more personal note, my introvert friends have always made me feel so remarkably loved. One of the greatest feelings in the world is when someone tells you, “Your friendship means so much to me.” And I know they weren’t lying, because they’ve truly invited me to be a part of their life.

Without the amazing introverts in our lives, us extroverts might just go insane. If you’re an extrovert, go out and get yourself an introvert best friend. But don’t push it! It takes time to develop a relationship with an introvert - but it is so very worth it.