Expressing Yourself Through Art

Expressing Yourself Through Art

Everyone needs a creative outlet to express themselves

24156
Expressing Yourself Through Art
percent.com

Nowadays people will say that being an artist should be a temporary dream, something only a select few can do. Some would say there is no money in art until after the artist is dead. That art is hard to make a living off of it. In today's society that may be true, but it is also important to think about what art means. It isn't just a painting or a song, it is an expression of emotion that cannot be felt through just words themselves. Without artistic creations of others how would we get new ideas, or figure out different ways to do the same task?

A craft of imagination can be more important than a craft of knowledge, and it is absolutely possible for the two to be combined or to blend into one another. A piece of work isn't just something created without discipline and/or training. What many people would not understand about a painting that is covered with a dozen different colors and looks like a five year old did it is the emotion as well as the training within the painting. An artist needs to learn how to complete the basics like a master before the student can add in their own emotions and change the painting to be their own.

"Art is theft" was said by Pablo Picasso. This is a great quote for all artists in the sense that each piece of art is different, but inspirations are shared. Students are taught the same thing over and over again. Which is good, however, it is better to expand a child's horizon by teaching students to accept new ways of finding solutions or solving their issues.

There are schools who want to take out the different forms of art found in public schools. Unfortunately, this can hurt a student more than help them. Every person needs an outlet. Something that will allow an individual to release stress in a healthy way, though a way that can be shared with others or kept to themselves. If art, music, or other such electives are taken out of the school systems, then how are students suppose to learn about alternative ways to express themselves?

Students, young adults, or just people in general need different ways to express themselves. How can a person learn about various mediums within the arts if the program is taken out of school? A student will spend seven hours a day, five days a week, ten months of the year, and for at least twelve years of their life in a classroom. If art is taken out of the lives of younger people, then how will creative ideas will be born? Many people think that creative ideas cannot be in crafts of knowledge or discovery. When a person mentions mathematics or science, creativity isn't the first thing that comes to mind. Yet it is creativity, or a person having an unique side, that helps people connect the knowledge and creativity to find a new idea or solution.