Explore the Best of Thailand

Explore The Best Of Thailand

Thailand Travel Tips: A Complete Guide to the Country

79

While Thailand may have earned recognition for its numerous beautiful beaches with clear water and warm sunshine, there's much more to the country. Visitors done with visiting the top beaches across Thailand will find there are plenty more places to explore. From the bustling city life in Bangkok to amazing national parks, there's plenty more to visit in Thailand.

Bangkok: There's no better place to begin a tour of Thailand than its capital city, Bangkok. It's a thriving metropolis famed for its shopping, food scene, and vibrant nightlife. The city is also home to some magnificent cultural relics in the form of Buddhist temples. Perhaps there's no other city in Asia or anywhere else for that matter, that's as exotic and captivating as Bangkok. Visitors with interest in culture, those just looking to have a good time, or gourmet lovers, whatever their interest, will find Bangkok has something for them all. In fact, there's so much to see and experience in the city that it will take multiple trips to tick off your bucket list of things to do in Bangkok.

Khao Sok National Park: The province of Surat Thani is where the world famous Khao Sok National Park is located. It's extremely popular with visitors to Thailand and in particular, those visiting Phuket Island. Visitors can join a Khao Sok Tour from Phuket to explore the sprawling national park. Khao Sok is home to rainforests, mountains, and lakes, making it a popular choice with trekkers and hikers to the area. In terms of natural diversity, Khao Sok has a greater variety of flora and fauna than even the Amazon rainforests. The wildlife ranges from shy tapirs to even tigers, although visitors rarely catch a glimpse of the elusive creature. One of the highlights of a tour of Khao Sao Park is its massive Cheow Lan Lake. Visitors can explore the lake by hiring a kayak for a ride on the lake, which meanders through massive limestone karsts, making for a very scenic ride.

Chiang Mai: The city is located towards the north of Thailand. Apart from the varied shopping options in Chiang Mai, including night street markets and shopping avenues suited to all types of budgets, its natural beauty makes it a spectacular place to visit. Rows upon rows of terraced lush green mountain fields with clouds hanging over them make it a visual treat for visitors. An added attraction in the area is the many elephant sanctuaries worth visiting when in Chiang Mai.

Pai: Another area blessed with incredible natural beauty is the town of Pai, a short trip from Chiang Mai. Formerly a quiet village, Pai has transformed into a popular destination for travelers wanting to experience the relaxed culture of the place. It's a significant draw for trekkers as it's the perfect base from which to set off on treks in the hills, where various ethnic groups and hill tribes live and produce local handicrafts. With magnificent rolling hills carpeted with lush green grass, it makes for a delightful area to explore.