Expecto Patronum!

Expecto Patronum!

The Harry Potter quiz you've all been waiting for

158
Expecto Patronum!
Bustle

There are Harry Potter fans, and then there are Harry Potter fans.

Regardless of how strongly you feel for the world of Harry Potter, you will still be able to enjoy J.K. Rowling's most recent gift to her readers. On September 22, 2016, Pottermore released a new quiz for users to determine the shape of their Patronus. The quiz leads you through the Forbidden Forest, with several options popping up at each stop. You must click on your preference as quickly as you can, for the questions are timed, and if you take longer than about five seconds, the quiz takes you to the next question.

The quiz 's design itself is breathtaking as well: the effects, the music, the animations, everything. What's also remarkable is the sheer amount of different results that are possible. There have been users who were surprised by how specific their results were, such as one friend, who was pleased with her Calico Cat Patronus.

For those who do not know what a Patronus is, fear not. A Patronus is a spell, the only defense against Dementors- which are creatures that feed on happiness and cause misery with their mere presence. Dementors, regarded as representatives of depression, have the ability to suck out a person's soul through a Dementor's Kiss, so having a defensive spell against them is dead useful.

Patronuses, according to Rowling on Pottermore, are pure concentrations of joy and hope that are conjured by the caster's most powerful, happy memory. Corporeal Patronuses are produced only by truly powerful witches and wizards, and typically take the form of animals.

Every Harry Potter fan has wondered at least once what form their Patronus would take, and now they have a chance to know, though the results may be unexpected.

I, for one, did not expect my Patronus to be a Capuchin Monkey. Monkeys are loud, energetic, and mischievous things, surely they couldn't be my Patronus?

If you doubt the validity of your Patronus result, suspend your disbelief and look up your animal's characteristics, perhaps what they symbolize. The Capuchin Monkey, for example, is considered the most intelligent of New World monkeys and are innovative, clever little creatures with a strong sense of community. After reading about them, I decided that yes, I was pleased with my results, and the monkey suited me surprisingly well.

So take the quiz, and don't be disheartened if you receive a completely unexpected result; try to do some research, and who knows? Your Patronus could really be more accurate than you think.