How To Expand Your Knowledge

5 Things To Do To Expand Your Knowledge

Yes, even watching a news channel can make you more knowledgeable.

98
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Knowledge-sharing.jpg

I don't know about you, but I love that there are so many things we can do to expand our knowledge. Our world is full of endless opportunities, and every person's job is to share something with someone. I believe that if you know something that someone else doesn't you are teaching them something. Even if it is about how a certain disease is spreading across the world, I can almost guarantee you that they don't know about it. Here is a quick list of things that you can do to expand your knowledge!

1. Watch a news channel every day 

Something is happening every minute of the day. Whether we like it or not, there is something that is happening in the world. It is important to be curious about other parts of the world because that country is most likely doing business with someone in the United States.

2. Look up words in the dictionary that you don't know

If you are reading a book and you come across a word you don't know, what do you do? Do you just keep on reading and hope there are context clues to help you? Or do you actually look them up so that you know the word now? Well, I have known a few people that have a notebook specifically for writing down all the words they come across that they don't know. What a smart idea! I think we can all take notes from that.

3. Watch TED Talks 

TED talks! I have seen so many TED talks while I have been in college. There are so many topics that are talked about and stories to be heard and told. These really aren't long videos, but they help you develop as a person and it makes you think about your personal choices.

4. Watch documentaries 

Documentaries tend to be very informational. It is a way telling others a story through video and language. These can be made pretty accessible on Netflix or even Youtube if you are trying to see some of them for free. These aren't the types of movies you are ecstatic to see, but it could assist you in learning about a certain period of history or about a specific person.

5. Talk to other people and ask questions

Never be ashamed to ask people questions if you want to learn more about something. The best way to learn something is just to talk to people. Everyone has something to offer, even if it about Starbuck's newest drink. Remember, it really is about the little things in life. Appreciate all that you hear and all that you do.

I hope that some of these are helpful, even if they are pretty obvious. We all want to be the smartest in the room, but this is impossible if we aren't always looking for opportunities to grow or learn.