Yes, You Should Be Excited About Christmas Break, Come On Now

Going home for the holidays? How will you survive this whole month without your best friends from college? What kinds of questions are your family members going to ask you? Though there are many worries about leaving college, this can be the break you need before beginning spring semester.

36

If you're anything like me, Christmas break is a hard time of year for you. It is exactly four weeks of literally doing nothing with your days and nights. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my family, and the snow since Arizona doesn't have either of those. I sometimes also feel as though I am wasting my days away by not being productive academically or professionally.

However, this year is going to be different for me. With only one semester left of college (where did the time go?), I am truly going to cherish this long break with my family. Being home for the holidays is a great time to catch up with family who you may not talk to on a daily basis because let's face it, college is hard and a busy time for everyone. My mom is the one who helps me through almost every situation and growing closer to her during Christmas is one of the highlights of my year. This is also a good move for those times when you need a little extra money, wink wink.

As I mentioned before, college is a busy time. Between projects, presentations, exams, extracurriculars, work and of course, parties, there is no time to relax. Christmas break is the perfect time to literally do nothing and, in my case, train yourself to be okay with that. Running all of the time is not good for your health and you have to get ready to do it all over again coming January! Take this time to relax, lights some candles, take a bath, and drink some wine.

The real world does not give you four weeks off to lounge around in your pajamas all day. Enjoy it now.

Changing up the scenery for those who are out of state is the best way to not get bored with your everyday life. I am a big advocate of change so "vacationing" for a whole is my way of not being restless. Though college is fun, and "the best four years of your life," be excited to go home. This small change in your everyday life will really make a difference in your happiness.

MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TIME AT HOME FOR A WHOLE, ENTIRE MONTH.

This luxury will come to an end faster than you think and you'll regret dreading it every year.

Sincerely,

The College Senior