Home For The Holidays

Home For The Holidays

What I'm looking forward to over winter break.

223

With winter break being just around the corner, I can't seem to stop myself from compiling a list in my head of all the things I want to do when I get home for break! Although being away from 'Cuse and my friends for a whole month is going to be hard, I am so excited to go home!

Here are a few reasons why...

1. Seeing my dog, Lexie.

I miss this girl more than anything. I cannot wait for a month full of snuggles and walks around the neighborhood. She always cheers me up and puts a smile on my face and it's been so hard to be away from her.

2. Home-cooked meals.

Graham dining hall gets old pretty damn quick. I'm so excited to sit down at my kitchen table with my family and eat a comforting and delicious home-cooked meal because nothing tastes better than your mama's cooking.

3. Sleeping in my own bed.

My bed at home is by far the easiest hello and the hardest goodbye. I can't wait to cozy up in my bed and be able to actually stretch out and relax.

4. Seeing my family (of course)!!

The fact that my mom, dad, brother, sister, and I are all going to be reunited over winter break warms my heart. With my siblings both as college graduates and me as a current college student, it is so hard to find time where we all can be together, so the time where the 5 of us get to be together is something that I truly cherish.

5. Seeing my high school friends.

I am so excited to see my high school friends, many of whom I haven't seen since August! I can't wait to start from right where we left off and fall back into old times!

6. Driving.

To say that I miss driving and the ability to go places whenever I please is an understatement. I am so ready to not have to #UberEverywhere.

7. A belated Hanukkah celebration!

Hanukkah fell early this year so it will already be over by the time I get home. Fortunately, my family decided to celebrate Hanukkah when we're all together, so I'm not missing out on any candle-lighting, dreidel spinning, or latke eating!

I wish you all happy holidays and a great new year!