Everything You Need To Know About Star Wars: Rogue One

Ten answers to very common questions surrounding the next film under the Star Wars banner.

227
Screenrant

Star Wars is without a doubt the single largest multimedia franchise of all time. With novels, TV shows, comic books, and even video games, it seems there is no medium of entertainment safe from the galaxy far far away. However, this December, Star Wars will be trying something it never has before, publishing a feature length live-action film outside of its main numerical "Episode" series. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story had its second trailer premiered this Thursday and has already racked up millions of views on YouTube. This film is a huge experiment for the folks at Disney and Lucasfilm, and many are afraid that it won't pay off. These fears are mostly due to the fact that many audiences are confused about many different aspects of the film. Well being one of the worlds biggest Star Wars fans I want to ensure that there is absolutely no confusion. So I present everything you need to know about Rogue One with absolutely no spoilers.

1. When does this take place?

Despite the fact that The Force Awakens was only released last year, Rogue One, will take place over 30 years before Episode VII. Instead Rogue One will take place between Episodes III and IV, so expect to see Stormtroopers and Rebels just like the old days!

2. Where is Episode VIII?

Fear not! Star Wars Episode VIII is scheduled to premiere December 2017 picking up immediately where The Force Awakens left off.

3. Where are Han, Luke, Leia and the others?

Rouge One will follow a brand new cast of characters. While we may see a few familiar faces here and there, this film will primarily follow a new group of rebels.

4. What about the Jedi?

Well this is during the time of the Galactic Empire, and, as you remember, the Jedi are almost entirely extinct at this point so don't expect any Jedi vs Sith warfare. That's not to say that there will be no Jedi or Sith at all but it will not be the central conflict.

5. Is J.J. Abrams directing this one too?

No actually, as of right now J.J. Abrams is not set to direct any more Star Wars movies.

6. Well, who is directing?

Gareth Edwards is the director. His previous films include 2010's Monsters, and the 2014 Godzilla Reboot.

7. Is John Williams involved?

No, unfortunately this will be the first live-action Star Wars movie without Mr. Williams as the composer.

8. Who's the composer?

French film composer, Alexandre Desplat, will be composing the film. He's worked along side Gareth Edwards for the 2014 Godzilla reboot. Other credits include Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows parts 1 and 2, Unbroken, Zero Dark Thirty, and The Grand Budapest Hotel for which he won an Oscar.

9. Is this the only spin off planned for Star Wars?

No, in fact you can expect a new Star Wars movie every year for the next four years at the least. Next year will be Episode VIII and 2018 will see a movie focusing on a young Han Solo.

10. Should I go see this?

What? Yes of course!! It's Star Wars! Sure its different and who knows how good it'll be but we'll never know until we've seen it! So this December when Rogue One hits theaters, grab your friends and family and go see the movie and hopefully thanks to this list you won't be confused when you do.

Bonus Question: Where are the Bothans?

If you're one of the few people in the world who even know what this question even means, then rest assured this is not the operation the Bothans were killed in. Mon Mothma refers to this mission briefly in Return of the Jedi in reference to the information gathered on the Second Death Star where as Rogue One is about the First Death Star.

From Your Site Articles