Everyone Should Stop Talking About The Election And Start Living

It is a done deal now. There is nothing you can do.

8
Michigan Review

In the early morning hours of November 9, 2016, it was announced that the United States had elected a new commander in chief, Donald Trump. Many were shocked that this underdog same out on top, almost as shocked as Alabama fans were with the outcome of the 2013 Iron Bowl. Days following the election, much like the days after the Iron Bowl, unhappy fans voiced their opinions on social media, on talk shows and even to innocent bystanders. Although many Alabama fans were heartbroken when the clock hit zero in the fourth quarter, they eventually got over it, and that is exactly what the people of the United States need to do - get over it.

When Trump was first announced as the new presiden,t many of his supporters who are students at Auburn University decided to roll Toomer’s Corner, and this, of course, caused controversy. Many who supported Hillary Clinton were outraged by this notion and did not agree with it simply because the entire Auburn family could not participate. This might be true, but honestly, who cares? It has been several days since the election, and the media is still littered with hateful messages to our new commander and chief. Many who do not support him have taken their distaste for him public and have begun protesting.

The results of the election have taken over the media and are now overshadowing more important things,like the Chicago Cubs winning the World Series, which is the first time since women had the right to vote (yes, it has been that long), Blac Chyna and Robert Kardashian had a baby, Prince Harry is officially off the market, and the "Mannequin Challenge" is all the rage. Donald Trump was elected as the next president for a reason, and whether we like it or not, he is here for the next four years. Many are going to extremes and are wanting to leave the country until 2020, but what is that going to solve? None of us truly know what is going to happen in the next four years, and honestly, there is no reason to stress about it now. There is a whole world out there, and we should be living in it, not worrying about what will happen tomorrow. Living is a day by day process, and instead of worrying about will become of tomorrow, we need to enjoy today.

No one can predict the actions of another person, and Donald Trump might make a fine president, or he might fail at it, but as the American people, we need to show him that we are here and that we matter. We need to let him know that every action he makes in office in the White House will, in the end, affect us. It does not matter what will happen tomorrow, what policies he will make, what kind of rude remark he will make on national television — what matters is what we do with today and how we are living it.