Everyday Is Your Birthday

Everyday Is Your Birthday

Why celebrate only one day when there are 364 others?
711

What if we treated each day as our birthday? What if we celebrated ourselves each morning and every night? What if we looked at all we had done and accomplished thus far and felt joyous each day?

Everything you do and accomplish in a day is worth it.

"Live your life and forget your age." Jean Paul

No matter how big or small your tasks are, they mean something.

You mean something.

Not just on one day of the year, but everyday of the year.

"Birthdays are good for your health. Studies have shown that people who have more birthdays live longer."

It is so easy for us to fall victim to our stress and feel like everything we are doing is for nothing. It becomes difficult to find true meaning and be happy with ourselves each day when we feel held down by all of our duties.

Our birthday is a day of joy. People who we haven't spoken to in months reach out to us to let us know how much they love us and miss us. We feel like we are important, but truth be told, we are important all of the time.

"Everyday is a birthday, every moment of it is new to us." Issac Watts

We find happiness in being able to relax on our birthday and surround ourselves with good company. Why shouldn't we do that everyday? Why shouldn't we have that slice of cake or reminisce about old times?

Birthdays are supposed to be a time of relaxation, reflection, happiness and feeling good about yourself. Why should all of these great things be limited to one day out of 365? They shouldn't. We should feel plentiful each day and treat others as if it is their birthday too.

They say each birthday is a new chapter to our book. I say each day is a page to our book.

"Make a wish, take a chance, make a change." Kelly Clarkson

We owe it to ourselves and to everyone around us to make people feel like they do on their birthday, all of the time. It will increase our happiness, reduce our stress, and allow for more positive reflections and interactions with others. Stop focusing on what has not happened or what has gone wrong and refresh yourself each morning. Focus on what is to come.

So throw on your party hats and bring out the candles because today and all of the following days are your birthday. You need to celebrate yourself.

"And at the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln