Every Texan Needs To Go To Six Flags

Every Texan Needs To Go To Six Flags

One of the most popular attractions in Texas.

1
youtube.com

Every Texan should know all about Six Flags Over Texas. Founded in August of 1961 and named after the historical Six Flags that flew over Texas (obviously), the park is one of the most well known in the country. Over the years, Six Flags has expanded to include various new parks such as Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Great Adventure, Magic Mountain and many others. Everybody who lives in Texas should visit at least one of these awesome parks at some point or another.

One of the things that makes Six Flags so great is the price. I’m not saying it is cheap, but it is reasonably priced compared to other major theme parks. Six Flags also offers a number of season passes and discount coupons throughout the year (better save those cans of Coca-Cola). The park food is also priced pretty reasonably. While it’s probably not a good idea to have a full course meal at an amusement park, you should definitely pick up a few churros and Pink Things.

Six Flags has rides and attractions for all ages. Speaking specifically about Six Flags Over Texas, one of the more famous areas is the Bugs Bunny Boomtown (formerly Looney Tunes Land). Boomtown is the more child-friendly area of the park. It is the place where you are most likely to see the costumed characters, and features very safe but exciting rides. What kid wouldn’t be super excited to see Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck or Will E. Coyote?

Six Flags Over Texas has various sections that are named after the original Six Flags of Texas. These sections are Mexico & Spain, Texas, Old South & France and USA. In addition to featuring various things that relate to the history of Texas, each area has a number of roller coasters. Six Flags Over Texas is famous for rides such as Runaway Mountain, The Titan, Judge Roy Scream, Mini Mine Train and of course, the Texas Giant. These are just a few examples of the rides you absolutely have to experience if you visit Six Flags. Also, make sure you pick up plenty of souvenirs, including the famous big refillable cups.

Six Flags Over Texas is one of my favorite Texas attractions. I’ve been going since I was a little kid, and I continue to find new things to enjoy on every visit. Whether you’re young or old, Six Flags is an awesome place to visit. Even if you’re just going to pick up a few Pink Things.