Best Florida Sunsets
Seasonal

Every Sunset Is Legendary

The sunsets on Florida's Gulf Coast are something of a legend, so beautiful they seem unreal.

131
Sunset on the Horizon at Indian Rocks Beach
Corrinne Brubaker

One of my favorite things about living in Florida are the sunsets. Every few days we rush to the beach to catch the sun before it drops below the horizon. People from all around come every evening to watch the sun go down and I understand why. There's nothing like it, the colors are out of this world, they are so beautiful it is unforgettable.

One person who commented on one of my photos described a sunset that left me speechless as legendary. I think that is a fitting word to describe many of the sunsets around here. Legendary means told about in a legend or very famous. These sunsets have a magical quality to them that you think would come from some legend. The legendary sunsets of the Florida gulf coast. They emit every shade of gold, purple, pink, and orange. Every cloud has a color. The colors reflect on the water, shimmering on the waves. When you see it, you can't help but stop everything just to watch and enjoy it.

Every sunset is unique, you never know what to expect except that it will be beautiful. When you arrive at the beach you are surprised by a unique sky each time. I would like to share some of these sunsets with you to give you a taste of how amazing and unique each sunset is.

Sunset Over Madeira Beach June 1, 2018Corrinne Brubaker

This was a sunset at Madeira Beach on the first day of June this year. I just love the way the sun was reflecting in the waves. My husband and I walked along the sand dipping our toes in the water as we watched the sunset. I thought for sure the sun would fall below the clouds on the horizon but then this happened.

Sun on the Horizon at Madeira BeachSun on the Horizon at Madeira Beach June 1, 2018Corrinne Brubaker

The sun shone through the dense clouds. It glowed pink and blue. And to think we had thought the show was over and almost left! One thing that also amazes me about these two pictures is how quickly the sky can change in just minutes during a sunset. The clouds change shades before your eyes from bright golden to many shades of yellow, orange, pink, blue, and purple.

Sunset Over Boca Ciega BaySunset Over Boca Ciega Bay June 5, 2018Corrinne Brubaker

A few days later we went to our favorite park, Veterans Memorial Park. We watched the sun as it crept lower in the sky over Boca Ciega Bay. The light shone golden on the gentle water and lit the fluffy clouds overhead. I felt such a sense of peace. no need to rush. I sat down on the concrete wall that held the land back from the water and dangled my feet over the edge as I watched the sun. The sunset has a way of making you forget all your worries as you gaze at it in a moment of awe. This feeling is why I fell in love with Florida.

Sunset Over Tampa BaySunset Over Tampa Bay June 8, 2018Corrinne Brubaker

A few days after that we were driving home from a long day at Busch Gardens and saw this sunset as we drove across Tampa Bay. We caught it at just the right moment as it dropped below the horizon. There's nothing like a sunset to make your day; it made ours.

Sunset at Indian Rocks BeachSunset at Indian Rocks Beach June 13, 2018Corrinne Brubaker

No matter how many sunsets you have seen it somehow never gets old. They are all equally exciting and unforgettable.

Sunset at Indian Rocks BeachSunset at Indian Rocks Beach June 21, 2018Corrinne Brubaker

I love the different layers of clouds each a different color. Watching a sunset on the beach is also amazing because you hear the waves along with the sunset, it's impossible not to be relaxed. I won't forget this sunset because it was on the solstice, the longest day of the year, the first official day of summer and there was an unforgettable sunset to go with it.

Sunset at Sand KeySunset at Sand Key June 26, 2018Corrinne Brubaker

Sunsets show us that every day is unique and beautiful. The remind us to slow down, to pause for a moment and just take in the beauty. To take a moment to be grateful to be alive. Watch as many sunsets as you can and savor every unique moment. Life is meant to be enjoyed.