To Every Girl Who's Been Called Crazy

To Every Girl Who's Been Called Crazy

We're just trying to have some fun.

16
To Every Girl Who's Been Called Crazy
mtv

"Calm down.”

“Chill.”

“Relax.”

“Be quiet.”

“You’re f****** crazy.”

All of these phrases have been said to me several times — and nothing makes a female angrier than when someone tells her to calm down, especially when she is already calm. That is just one line you do not cross. But instead of getting upset, I’ve come to embrace when people tell me to “chill” because I’m “crazy,” because in all honesty, I’m not crazy; I’m simply the life of the party and everyone else is jealous.

So I can be loud, a little weird, and outgoing at times, and some people don’t like that. But it happens, right? Although this has gotten me into some trouble, I really wouldn’t want it any other way. It’s college, and you have to enjoy it while you can. I’m just having fun and have made some great memories this past year that I’ll never forget (of course, only the ones I remember).

Also, when you stand up for yourself, there are going to be people who can’t handle it, and there is nothing wrong with that. They’ll classify you as “crazy,” but you are doing what’s right for you. You can’t let yourself be pushed around. Of course, there will be haters, but they should just be your motivators.

So while all of you are sitting around judging me when you’re the ones with the boring, mundane lives, I’m going to be making history. I’m going to make friends with random boys because I hear them shout “Harry” and “Liam,” so I assume they must be band members from One Direction. I’m going to lay in some random person’s bathtub and FaceTime my little sister. I’m going to tell people that I deserve to be a pop star because I’m the most talented singer in the entire world. I’m going to bang on the football players’ door and then get into a fight with the whole team because they’re screaming at me to leave, and I refuse to. I’m going to smother my friends with hugs, and make humiliating, lengthy Snapchat stories where I make sure all of my followers know just how much I really love my friends. I’m going to break down and climb over a fence after walking back from a party, trying to make my way back to campus. I’m going to scream along to “Girlfriend” by Avril Lavigne while dancing with an umbrella because that song has the most relatable lyrics ever. I’m going to challenge a lax bro to a race because I’m confident that I’m faster than him, then end up losing terribly. I’m going to live in the moment and accept all the extraordinary adventures that I experience at college.

And if you think I’m crazy, that’s fantastic. That’s all I’ve ever wanted to be. Only the craziest people go places in life. So I’ll catch you on the flip side.