5 Ways To Celebrate Those You Love Every Day Of The Year

Because it's the little things that matter most.

208
Photo by Mahkeo on Unsplash

There's been a lot of talk recently about Valentine's Day and making everyone feel loved on that day. And I think that's great and I love that we have a day set apart each year to show our loved ones how we feel in a special way.

But people often blow it up as if this is the only day in the whole year to prove their love for whoever it may be, when, in reality, there are a million and one ways to show them how much you love them all the time!

Here's just five of those million and one ways to celebrate those you love on any day of the year.

1. Mail it.

My day has been made so many times if someone takes the time to write me a note or mail me a package. This can be a letter that you snail mail to them or just a note to make them smile or a care package...or just like a pack of tea. Immediate score.

2. Bring them food.

Whether you buy it or make it or even if it's just coffee, you're clearly winning. Probably the ultimate love language for every relationship.

3. Do something for them that they're dreading.

Wash the dishes. Clean the bathroom. Offer to help them study for that exam or go get their groceries. When they're wrapped up in their own lives and stress, be the one who reaches out of your own busyness to help.

4. Tell them what you like about them.

Get specific, not like, "You're so pretty!" I'm sure that's true, but do you also like her freckles and how passionate she is about justice and the fact that she goes out of her way to ask the waitress how she's doing?

Or do you love the way he says your name when he talks about something serious and helps the mom with her stroller get through the door or gets extra guac for you without asking? These are the important things (mostly talking about the guac, here).

5. Support them in what's important to them.

Go to that sporting event or to the gym with them. Read that thing they wrote even when they dismiss it as nothing. Admire her makeup. Listen to him read his first chapter book or practice for show and tell.

Single or not. Weekend or not. Valentine's Day or not. Let's not limit this celebration of those we love to a certain day or time of the week. Let's show people how much we love them in the time in between that everyone tends to forget about.