Every Christian's Ultimate New Years Resolution List For 2018

With a new year comes a fresh start, use it to expand your relationship with God!

573
Unsplash

As 2017 comes to an end, I find myself reflecting back on this past year and thinking about all the things that I did and didn’t accomplish. I was able to think of all the things that I want to improve on myself next year, especially regarding my faith.

I know some people think that New Year’s resolutions are dumb and pointless, but I honestly find them encouraging, motivating, and a sign of learning and growing as the years go by. One of my biggest goals for the year 2018 is to really dive deeper into my faith and my relationship with the Lord. I want to use the gifts and talents he has blessed me with in order to glorify him in every way that I can!

Having these goals in mind, here is the ultimate Christian New Year's Resolution list for 2018:

1. Take a minimum of one hour every day and dive into the Word!

2. Do devotionals every day!

3. Improve prayer life! Talk to God in depth and often! It could be about anything at all, just talk to Him!

4. Make an effort to attend more pre-service classes on Sundays!

5. Become more involved with the church and Chi Alpha (my campus ministry)!

6. Make an effort to be intentional in small group preparations!

7. Learn more about everyone in the Bible! Specifically, Jesus' family tree!

8. While reading my bible, practice writing sermons and lessons. This will ensure a deeper understanding that will be difficult to forget.

9. Don't Study just for show! Study for the sake of growing closer to God, not for the sake of getting more Instagram likes!

10. Be honest and intentional in faith. Tests are coming so be prepared!

"The end of the world is coming soon.

Therefore, be earnest and disciplined in your prayers. Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay.

God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others?

Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen." - 1 Peter 4:7-11 (NLT)