6 Ways To Use Essential Oils To Help You Live The Healthy Life You Want

With all the aches and pains and coughs and sneezes, it's hard to figure out what to do to help your body along during these chilly days.

137

DISCLAIMER: I am not claiming any definitive health benefits to using essential oils. As with everything, you must discern for yourself if this is right for you.

Winter is not the season of health for anyone. Especially this year, when the flu is apparently the worst in years, I even have some friends that have had to leave their schools because they were deemed too contagious to be around after they caught it. With all the aches and pains and coughs and sneezes, it's hard to figure out what to do to help your body along during these chilly days.

I pondered the same question about a month ago, and I luckily came across a lovely answer: essential oils.

My amazing friend Hannah has been on a journey to health and wellness and wanted to show me some of the things she's been using on this journey. She started talking to me about all the benefits she's seen from using essential oils for the pain she hasn't been able to relieve otherwise.

I became curious, and so she sent me a few rollers with a mix of oils, labeled "cramps" and "immunity," with instructions on how to go about using each properly. I've been using them every day for about three weeks now, and if nothing else, it makes you feel better just knowing you're doing something to care for your body.

With that, I wanted to talk about some of the possible benefits of using essential oils in your everyday life (besides the general fact that they all smell WONDERFUL).

1. Relieve stress of everyday life

One of the best uses in my opinion of essential oils is to relieve stress. Diffusing oils like bergamot, lemongrass, and lavender can help melt the stress of the day away.

2. Boost your immunity

Certain oils have properties that are valuable to your immune system. Rolling on oils like ginger, lemon, oregano, and clove can help you stay happy and healthy.

3. Give you glowy skin

Not only are essential oils good for you in the inside, but they can actually help you on the outside as well. Specifically, they can help you get that dewy, clear skin you've always wanted. Oils like frankincense, lemongrass, myrrh, rose, and sandalwood can help heal redness and give you that natural glow.

4. Ease digestion

We all know there are certain foods that irritate our stomachs more than others. Essential oils can actually help digestion and soothe your stomach. Oils like bergamot, chamomile, juniper, fennel, and peppermint can support digestion.

5. Give you even BETTER hair

Everyone wants those silky, voluminous tresses, but how many of those shampoos and conditioners actually work and give you what they say they will? Personally, I'd rather take a more natural approach to getting the hair of my dreams. Oils like cedarwood, cinnamon, peppermint, and rosemary can help you achieve those long, beautiful locks of YOUR dreams.

6. Alleviate menstrual pain

Yep, this one is for the ladies. We all are very familiar with the never-ending battle between us and our cramps. Taking a bunch of ibuprofen rarely completely alleviates all my pain, so I use essential oils to assist in pain relief. Oils like peppermint, lavender, and ylang-ylang can fight off those lovely cramps without all the medication.

I've told you a lot about what essential oils can do for you. The question is, do you want to take the leap into a more natural lifestyle?

If you're interested in starting an essential oils journey, this is a great place to start.

Once again, thank you to my wonderful friend Hannah for introducing me to this holistic and healthy lifestyle.